UN Women – In July 2010, the United nations General Assembly created UN Women, the United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women. The creation of UN Women came about as part of the UN reform agenda, bringing together resources and mandates for greater impact. It merges and builds on the important work of four previously distinct parts of the UN system (DAW, OSAGI, INSTRAW and UNIFEM), which focused exclusively on gender equality and women’s empowerment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Programme Assistant Consultant – Maternity Cover
Duration of Initial Contract: 3 Months
Type of Contract: Individual Contract
Additional Category: Gender Equality
Post Level: National Consultant
Languages Required: English
Duration of Initial Contract: 6 Months
- We seeks to recruit a Programme Consultant to support the implementation of the WEE Affirmative Procurement programme in Nigeria. Reporting to the WEE&GRP Programme Specialist, and in close cooperation with the Deputy Country Representative in the Country Office, the Programme Associate works with and provides support to the members of the WEE and other programme teams in the development and implementation of effective programmes consistent with UN Women rules and regulations. She/he contributes to the research, financial management, and programme implementation including providing necessary operational, administrative, and programmatic support.
- The Programme Associate will also support activities of the wider CO operations and programme teams as required.
Duties and Responsibilities
Provide administrative support to the financial management of the Programme Unit:
- Support the creation of projects in Quantum, prepare budget revisions, revise project awards and status; and determine unutilized funds and the operational and financial close of a project.
- Provide administrative support in monitoring and preparation of budget and the finances of programmes/projects, and in the preparation of FACE forms.
- Perform delegated role in Quantum.
Provide logistical support to the Programme Unit:
- Undertake all logistical, administrative and financial arrangements for organization for meetings, workshops, events, and missions.
- Make travel arrangements for the Programme Team, including travel requisitions and claims.
- Draft minutes in meetings, as delegated.
- Assemble briefing materials and prepare power-point and other presentations, in collaboration with the Programme team.
- Organize and coordinate filing of documents; maintain mailing lists.
Provide administrative support to resource mobilization:
- Organize, compile, and process documentation and information from donors, and programme team as inputs to various databases and documents.
- Support the overall resources’ mobilization strategy of the Country Office
Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing:
- Provide administrative support to the organization of training for the office staff and partners on programme and operations related issues.
- Support the development and review of background documents, briefs and presentations related to the Gender Statistics in the CO.
- Support the monitoring and communication on the use of gender statistics for policy making, strategies development, advocacies, etc.
- Support Identifying and documenting best practices and lessons learned to guide project improvement and strategy planning.
- Support the development of knowledge management strategy, products and methodologies on Gender Statistics.
- Support knowledge management’s efforts on CO’s activities.
Provide programmatic support to the formulation, management and monitoring of projects/programmes:
- Provide programmatic support in the preparation of programme work plans, budgets, and proposals on programme implementation arrangements, including tracking the delivery of funds.
- Provide support to the programme team on routine deliveries and reporting of activities and finances.
- Provide administrative support for the audit of programmes/ projects and support implementation of audit recommendations.
- Identify sources and gather and compile data and information for the preparation of documents, guidelines, speeches and position papers, in collaboration with the Programme team.
- Provide significant support to indicators tracking on the different projects of the Country Office
- Provide valuable support on project implementation – monitoring and related finances (project deliveries) using results-based management tools (RMS, Quantum, etc.);
Key Performance Indicators
- Timely and accurate support to events, workshops, and missions.
- Full compliance of administrative activities with UN Women rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Timely and accurate tracking of data for CO management and donor purposes
- Quality maintenance of internal systems.
Required Skills and Experience
Education and Certification:
- A University Degree in Social Sciences, including Political Science International Studies, Public Administration, Economics, Law or a related field, is required. A first-level university degree in combination with an additional two (2) years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in administrative or programme management
- At least 3 years professional experience in gender, women’s rights, economic and social development issues or the SDGs.
- Experience in organizing high level international events is an asset
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and experience in handling of web-based management systems
- Experience in supporting programme teams.
- Fluency in English is required
- Working knowledge of another official UN language is an asset;
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
- Good knowledge of programme management.
- Ability to administer and execute administrative processes and transactions.
- Ability to create, edit and present information in clear and presentable formats.
- Ability to manage data, documents, correspondence and reports information and workflow.
- Strong IT skills.
Application Closing Date
23rd May, 2023 (Midnight New York, USA)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- At UN Women, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment of mutual respect. UN Women recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, ability, national origin, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, competence, integrity and organizational need.
- If you need any reasonable accommodation to support your participation in the recruitment and selection process, please include this information in your application.