Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract
Duration: 9 Months
AKF is seeking a dynamic, enthusiastic, and self-motivated individual to lead the direct implementation of the COVID- 19 emergency response project in Lamu and Mombasa Counties. Working under the direct supervision of the Coast Region Programme Manager, the Programme Coordinator will be responsible for implementing activities and interventions that will drive a culture of reading and a culture of authorship.
Roles and Responsibilities
The specific roles and responsibilities of the Programme Coordinator will include:
- Lead the direct delivery of all COVID- 19 emergency response project activities in Lamu and Mombasa Counties. A core deliverable will be i) working with the procurement and administration team to ensure that logistical measures are put in place to deliver home learning Packs for children aged 3-10 and, ii) working with CSOs and communities to set up Community Listening Libraries for early years and primary.
- Ensure all aspects of the project cycle are delivered with quality and contribute to the development of work plans, budgets, and activity and narrative reports.
- Provide project information and feedback to communicate progress, challenges, learning, and upcoming priorities and work plans to the coast region management team.
- Ensure all project funds you are responsible for are fully accounted for and liquidation is done promptly to enable timely reporting.
- Ensure all project delivery and processes comply and promote AKF’s gender and social inclusion and child and community safeguarding policies.
- Engage and coordinate key partners and stakeholders in Lamu and Mombasa counties to ensure collaborative delivery of project activities.
- Work with education actors to strengthen the education ecosystem connections and networks at the county level
- Ensure project learning is effectively communicated through the internal and external feedback loops and that key partners have access to and understand the learning.
- Effectively engage in internal AKF learning opportunities to develop a professional and technical understanding of education and Playful pedagogies
Qualifications and experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in Education, community development, Social Sciences, Sociology, Development, or related field. A master’s degree is an advantage.
- Strong knowledge and proven experience of working in the education sector, preferably pre-primary and primary education with formal and non-formal learning Systems.
- Experience delivering participatory development tools and community-driven approaches.
- An in-depth understanding of the coastal region context including community dynamics.
- Thorough knowledge of the Kenyan education system and the policy context.
- Proven problem solver with the ability to work in an adverse team environment.
- Proven facilitation skills.
- Flexible, professional with the ability to manage multiple responsibilities with strict deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate and interact at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent MS Excel and MS Word skills.
How to apply
Candidates interested in this exciting career opportunity with AKF should submit a cover letter and a maximum three-page CV including the names and contact information of three professional referees by Friday 18th February 2022 via the following application link
AKF is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to Safeguarding and
Promoting the Welfare of Children and Vulnerable Adults and Expects all Staff and Partners to Share this Commitment.
The Aga Khan Foundation is an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network