CBM is an international Christian development organization committed to improving people’s quality of life with disabilities in the world. CBM addresses disability as a cause and consequence of poverty and works in partnership to create an inclusive society for all.
CBM seeks to recruit a Proposals Development Coordinator based at the Regional Office for Project planning, coordination of project development and proposal development support for institutional donor funded projects (public donors such as BMZ, EU, USAID and private Institutional donors such as international foundations). Capacity building of regional and country office CBM staff and partner organizations in the area of institutional donors’ requirements. Building up programmatic country expertise on fundraising especially targeting institutional donors.
We are looking for someone who will;
1. Project Planning and Proposal Development Support
- Support Country Offices in the assessment of Institutional Funding Opportunities from regional perspective, contributing towards an efficient Go/No-Go process on such opportunities (aligned with Institutional Donors Department and Technical Initiatives)
- Support Country Offices in identification of suitable partners for LCDF projects and in building up a suitable partner portfolio of LCDF projects.
- Support planning of projects for institutional co-funding according to 3 way Working method (Regional Office AFES/Country Offices, technical initiatives and institutional donor’s division)
- Ensure that deliverables to institutional funding applications from Regional representatives in the proposal development process are rendered within agreed timelines and in the optimal level of quality under the required donor specifications
- Support COs in preparation of institutional donors’ events, seminars etc. (such as annual review, etc.) and if required participate/ give presentations.
- Support COs in maintaining good relationships with local representatives of international institutional donors in project countries
2. Capacity building of CBM staff and partners in the area of institutional donors
- Coordinate concepts and proposal process review in collaboration with institutional donor division ensuring a continuous learning loop on each development process.
- Contribute to collecting and sharing proposal process lessons learned.
- Identify and advise on capacity building opportunities for co-funding and provide or facilitate trainings on LCDF (such as e.g. proposal writing, donor requirements, Kick Off workshops) for CBM staff and partners.
- Provide assistance and mentoring to CBM staff and partners with the development and submission of high-quality proposals to institutional donors.
- Be familiar with current updates of institutional donors’ guidelines (participation in relevant seminars) and share them with respective CBM staff and partners.
3. Building up programmatic regional expertise for programmatic excellence
- Contribute to improvement of tools and processes for high quality LCDF project development and implementation (monitoring and reporting)
- Involvement in the Country Planning processes, ensuring alignment on LCDF perspective
- Provide current LCDF data for controlling (Navision, statistics) and CBM committees (database templates)
- Contribute to the strategic analysis and future development of the LCDF portfolio in the Region.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Bachelor’s degree in health, public health, international development/relations, economics, education or a related relevant technical discipline strongly preferred.
- Experience of at least 5 years of experience with an NGO in a business development/programme funding position(s) involving proposal development and donor liaison
- Experience of developing successful proposals and/or tender bids to Institutional donors, Foundation and Private Funders.
- Demonstrated strong writing, editing and communication
- Keen interest and excitement in business development with a willingness to learn and ambition to take on positions of increasing responsibility.
- Detail-oriented, flexible, and able to handle multiple concurrent tasks.
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment,
- Ability to prioritize own workload and work with minimal supervision
- Ability to lead complex proposal development teams
- Results Oriented Quick learner willing to go the extra mile to achieve deadlines
Application Deadline: 16th June 2022
CBM encourages persons with disabilities who meet the qualifications to apply for this position. For further information about CBM’s inclusion policy, please visit our Resources & Publications section at http://www.cbm.org.
This position is local and subject to local employment and immigration laws.
- Job City Kenya