Tearfund’s operational work started in DR Congo in 2002 targeting remote areas affected by conflict and chronic vulnerability in Eastern Congo. The operational work specializes in household food security; Peacebuilding; fight against sexual and gender based violence, water, sanitation and hygiene promotion; Environmental and Economic sustainability and Livelihoods. The programme has an annual turnover of nine million pounds. The programmatic approach is one of developmental relief, with a strong emphasis on community participation, reducing the risk and impact of disasters and building the capacity of local government structures. Tearfund’s programme in DR Congo includes both operational work as well as partner supported work.
We are seeking an experienced Programme Development Officer (PDO) to support the Programme Funding Coordinator (PFC) in coordinating all donor submission, including concept notes, proposals, reports and supporting documentation, and internal reporting, and oversees the project knowledge management systems within the programme. This will include working closely with Tearfund and partners to draft and edit donor proposals and reports; coordinate compliance with various institutional donor rules, Tearfund policies and Government processes; schedule evaluations; document success stories; lead analysis of field experience to derive lessons learned; write news and prayer letters; and share best practice.
The Programme DevelopmentOfficer is responsible for Supporting the PFC to keep the Senior Management Team (SMT) updated on key donor strategies and priorities, and aware of specific calls for proposals, in conjunction with the Programme Funding Team. He/she will be responsible for supporting the PFC with Project Cycle Management, documenting learnings, ensuring that Tearfund’s corporate policy and compliance are adhered to by the programme team, and represent Tearfund externally as delegated by the PCF.
- Program Coordinator Nigeria At Secours Islamique France
- Technical Advisor I – Communication and Social Marketing at Catholic Relief Services
- Technical Advisor I-Enabling/Conseiller technique I at Catholic Relief Services
- Project Officer – FSL At Save the Children
- Program Manager II at Catholic Relief Services
The successful applicant will have:
- Degree or equivalent qualification in international development, humanitarian affairs, journalism, international relations, or other relevant discipline
- Proven experience in grant management, proposal development (narrative and budgets) and donor reporting. Experience with FCDO, USAID, EU and multilateral donor mechanisms will be an added advantage.
- Proven ability to develop winning proposals for public and/or private sector donors
- Experience Project Cycle Management including developing logframes
- Experience in conveying stories and case studies to external audiences in an appropriate and timely manner
- Proven application of good practice standards: SPHERE, Core Humanitarian Standard and Red Cross Codes of Conduct.
- Ability and commitment to apply biblical principles prayerfully within all aspects of the role
- Ability to lead, participate and facilitate in collective staff prayer and bible studies
- Fluent in written and spoken English,
- Fluent in written and spoken French
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisation and administrative capacity
- Strong interpersonal and coordination skills
- Good numeracy skills.
- Ability to safeguard the wellbeing of children and vulnerable adults
- Good computer skills (MS Office, Google Suite)
Applicants must be committed to Tearfund’s Christian beliefs. The recruitment process will include specific checks related to safeguarding issues. In addition, personal identification information will be submitted against a watchlist database to check against criminal convictions as a counter terror-terror measure.