The West Africa Region in Tearfund is recruiting a Programme Funding & Operations Manager. The main purpose of the role is to oversee, design and implement projects ensuring that the region is compliant with donor guidelines and regulations. As a member of the West Africa Senior Management Team you will be responsible for coordinating all donor proposal writing, reporting and donor project/programme knowledge management systems. You will also lead the region in compliance and assurance work and manage support systems, processes and policies..
The Programme Funding & Operations Manager will work closely with the Country Director to provide training and support on grant management and internal and donor reporting.
You will be responsible for:
- Donor scoping and engagement
- Networking and building relationships with key donors, and actual or potential consortium members (NGOs etc)
- Leading the region in producing high quality proposals to access donor funding
- Providing accountability to donors and ensuring compliance
- Support systems, processes and policies
- Leading and facilitating strategic change
- Working closely with the Heads of Logistics to ensure an excellent delivery of logistics services
The successful candidate will have extensive experience within the Relief and Development Sector managing large scale projects, be an expert in proposal development and reporting and have excellent written and verbal communication in French and English.
Do you have strong organisational skills with the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines? Do you have strong representation and networking abilities? Then we would love to hear from you.
Tearfund is a faith based organisation and applicants must share our statement of faith.
The recruitment process will include specific checks related to safeguarding. In addition, personal identification information will be submitted against a Watchlist database to check against criminal convictions as a counter-terror measure.
How to apply