We are a global team of experts and innovators tackling some of the world’s most pressing health challenges. We work with leaders and change makers around the globe to bring health strategies to life. We provide ideas, advice and technical know-how that enable our partners to build a path to lasting change.
With 30 years’ experience in global health, we collaborate with our partners to explore existing evidence, combine expertise, scale up ideas and co-create solutions that accelerate change. This includes collaborating on policy design, managing initiatives, building powerful coalitions and galvanising social movements. Our impact is felt across whole communities, with a focus on women, girls and those who have been marginalised.
As part of MSI Reproductive Choices, all our profits go back into supporting MSI’s own mission of children by choice, not chance.
We believe in a world where everyone can access the high-quality health services they need, without financial burden.
Position: Programme Manager
Options Consultancy Services Limited is seeking a dynamic Programme Manager who will be responsible for the effective and efficient project management of the USAID Health Systems Leadership – Health Sector Governance and Strategic Partnerships programme.
The role will work closely with the Deputy Chief of Party in planning and implementing the programme objectives. As a key member of the programme, you will also work closely with a range of teams to enable effective programming including work planning, contract management, risk identification, financial forecasting and tracking of programme budgets.
You will work closely with Programmes, Technical and Finance teams in Kenya and the UK to ensure quality standards are met and maintained on the programme.
The role reports to the Country Representative in Kenya, and will be based in Options’ offices in Nairobi, with some overseas and national travel.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- A minimum of an undergraduate degree.
- Substantial experience in the management and delivery of USAID programmes and contracts
- Significant experience of working in international development at Programme Management level
- Extensive experience of the development and implementation of programmes
- Experience of managing large, complex donor-funded budgets
- Experience working in resource constrained settings and low- and middle-income countries
- Experience of close working relationships with partners and consortia
- Experience of contracts and contracting
- Experience of networking to build successful relationships with potential clients, collaborators, and consultants
For more information, please refer to the job description
- As an equal opportunity employer, Options Consultancy Services is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage or civil partnership. We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified candidates from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join Options Consultancy Services.
- Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment.
- We seek people who are pro-choice, promote diversity and inclusion, are energetic and enthusiastic about Options’ vision.
- This is a local position. Applicants must have the right to work in Kenya
- To apply, please fill in the form
- Closing date for applications: 10th August 2022
- Please note that this role will be subject to full pre-employment background checks including criminal record check, identification check, employment references and right to work verification (where appropriate)
- We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application at your earliest opportunity
- Job City Nairobi