The Women and Children Health Empowerment Foundation (WACHEF) based in Jalingo, Taraba State, is a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) registered to practice in Nigeria. The NGO works in partnership with public, private, and other non-government organizations to contribute to achieving equitable, sustainable, and quality healthcare delivery in Nigeria. It was registered with Taraba State Government in 2001 and with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) of Nigeria in August 2005. Our vision is to ensure universal access to quality health care and social services among the general population, especially women and children.
WACHEF is a member of World Hepatis Alliance (WHA), International Alliance of Patients` Organization (IAPO), Tuberculosis Network of Nigeria, African Liver Patients Association (ALPA), Association of OVC NGOs in Nigeria (AONN), Network Against Child Trafficking Abuse and Labor (NACTAL),Civil Society for HIV and AIDS in Nigeria (CiSHAN), Coalition of Civil Society Organization in Taraba State among others. The organization has implemented several projects under World Bank, Global Fund, BMGF etc. WACHEF is implementing Local Right Programme (LRP) using Child Sponsorship Mechanism in Taraba State with funding from Actionaid Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Programme Officer
Location: Jalingo, Taraba
Employment Type: Full-time
Project: Local Right Programme (LRP)
Reports to: Executive Director
- Reporting to the Executive Director, the Programs officer will facilitate community mobilisation, planning, and implementation of program activities in the LRP communities in the state.
- S/He will closely work with Executive Director of WACHEF and LRP Advisor, enrolled children and their caregivers/parents, local leaders and other stakeholders to deliver quality programs, and sponsorship relations communications.
- S/He will be the link between the community and the WACHEF Program Unit and ensures all Child Safeguarding policies and protocols are adhered to.
Main duties and Responsibilities may include, but not limited to
- Works closely with the Executive Director of WACHEF and LRP Advisor to facilitate the design, planning, implementation, and monitoring of child centred programs using Human Right Based Approach (HRBA) and program principles.
- Develop annual plan and budget for programme implementation at the LRP
- Lead the design and implementation of activities related to Women’s Rights, Youth and Education and Natural Resources at LRP level
- Support the development and activities of community-based networks and CBOs
- Oversee the work of volunteers of programme work in the LRP
- Build relationships with other NGOs and groups working in and around the LRP
- Support connections with local government at the LRP
- Work with the Actionaid Nigeria finance staff to ensure the effective use of LRP budgets implementing programme work
- Degree in Social Sciences, Development Studies and Rural development or relevant experience
- Proficiency in English and relevant languages to the geographic location of the LRP (Taraba).
The ideal candidate should have the following experiences:
- 3 years’ experience in relevant development work including community mobilization
- Practical experience in implementation of project activities in either an urban informal settlement or rural set-up,
- Ability to write concise and accurate reports to agreed deadlines,
- Excellent interpersonal, networking and communication skills in English and local languages
- Proficiency in the use of standard computer software, especially Microsoft Office
- Ability and preparedness to travel and work in difficult conditions;
- A motivated self-starter with initiative, flexibility and enthusiasm;
- Commitment to Actionaid Nigeria mission, vision and values as well as relief and development work.
- Oral and written communication skills.
Application Closing Date
13th January, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and CV as one attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the job title as the subject of the mail.
- Applications not sent in the required format will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for assessment and interview.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- WACHEF is an equal opportunity organization.
- WACHEF is committed to safeguarding the interests, rights, and well-being of children with whom it is in contact and to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for children.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skills, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Programme Officer at Women and Children Health Empowerment Foundation (WACHEF)
- Communication & Advocacy Specialist at United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF)
- Human Resources Assistant (West Africa) at CTG
- Mozambique – Deputy Field Coordinator (M/F)- Mueda at Solidarités International
- Field Security Officer at CTG