Title: Programme Officer – Inclusion Works
Location: Accra, Ghana
Contract: 2 year fixed term contract
Salary: Local Terms and Conditions apply
Sightsavers works across more than 35 countries to prevent avoidable blindness, treat neglected tropical diseases and promote disability rights. As part of our social inclusion portfolio, we design and implement different interventions to proffer solution that enables accessibility and meaningful participation of persons with disability in education, health and labour market system.
About the role
As the Programme Officer you will work to enhance the quality of the project which focuses on the economic empowerment of persons with disabilities through formal employment. You will ensure that the programme is planned, implemented, monitored and evaluated to the highest possible quality standards.
The Programme Officer key duties and accountabilities include:
- Identify partner organizations with whom Sightsavers can work to achieve the programme and organization’s strategic objective of ensuring that people with disabilities have equal rights and opportunities through both service delivery and advocacy.
- Build effective partner relationships and support longer term relationships that go beyond the duration of the project.
- Work with the programme management unit (PMU) and other funding partners to coordinate implementation of activities and sharing of lessons learned.
- Manage all aspects of the programme cycle with the partners including effective planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, financial and asset management, reporting and documentation.
- Assist programme partners in the preparation of budgets and forecasts
- Monitor expenditure of project financial resources in liaison with the Finance and Support Services Manager (FSSM) and the Programme Manager.
- Be proactive in providing excellent quality information on case studies and interesting news stories relating to the programme to support preparation of fundraising materials and advocacy materials for Sightsavers headquarters in UK.
- Participate in all PR activities related to social inclusion e.g., World Sight Day, international day for persons with disability etc.
This is a highly varied and involved role and the above is not an exhaustive list of duties or required professional skills. Please see the Job Description for full details.
As the successful candidate you will possess previous working experience and a degree in social sciences, education, development studies, public health, or any other relevant area.
- Adequate understanding of the country disability legislation, labour market system and relationship working with organisations of persons with disability are desired.
- Significant experience implementing programmes, including experience of the disability sector and gender mainstreaming.
- Experience of designing, managing and carrying out advocacy work for social inclusion/disability programmes.
Similar Vacancies, Ngo jobs in Africa now
- Experience providing technical assistance to other organizations.
- Knowledge of current issues and best practices in disability, UNCRPD, the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and employment.
Closing date: 5 June 2022
We anticipate that remote interviews will take place from the week commencing 13 June 2022 and the evaluation process will include a written task and an oral interview.
To apply for this exciting new opportunity, please complete an application via our recruitment portal. We are particularly interested in learning of your motivations for applying.
As an equal opportunity employer, we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community. Sightsavers is a Disability Confident Leader and qualified people living with a disability are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Job City Accra