Post: Program Officer-IYCF
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We’re changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
Reports to: Deputy program manager Nutrition
Staff directly reporting to this post: Non
Role Dimensions: Save the Children operates across all zones in Somalia and currently has three main area offices and additional 11 field offices. Programmatically Somalia is a large Country Office with more than $110million annual budget and staff over 650 staff
Child Survival Program Officer will work on the day-to-day activities in the field and is responsible on the direct planning and coordination of all sector activities for health, nutrition, and WASH.
He/she will closely work with relevant line ministries for ease of coordination, information sharing, implementation, and quality services delivery. He/she will report on the progress of activities on weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis to the line manager.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 2 years of Experience with an international NGO/UN/ Local NGO & Government in implementing and coordinating humanitarian/development program activities including, health, nutrition and WASH)
- Excellent verbal and written communication and relationship building skills.
- Experience in community mobilization/CMAM/IYCF/EPI/IMCI/ BeMONC//GBV/PHAST/CHAST/CLTS.
- Basic knowledge of project planning, implementation, and monitoring.
- Good understanding in local language and culture practises.
- Basic understanding of child right frameworks.
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document. To see a full a job description, please visit our website at
Application will be close on 13th September -2022.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Re-Advertisement Hydrological and Geophysical Surveyor for New Boreholes at Adeso
- Finance Officer at Gender Equality Peace and Development Centre (GEPaDC)
- Education Officer at Gender Equality Peace and Development Centre (GEPaDC) – 3 Openings
- Administrative Officer at Gender Equality Peace and Development Centre (GEPaDC)
- Safety and Security Officer at Gender Equality Peace and Development Centre (GEPaDC)