Contract type/grade: Consultant-I
Duty Station: Mogadishu & Garowe, Somalia
Closing Date: 11th May 2022
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status, physical or mental disability.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
This position is open to qualified candidates. Female candidates in particular, are encouraged to apply.
- Provide technical advice, support and operational guidance for design, formulation, implementation and monitoring of school meals programmes.
- Collaborate with respective Units to establish and support the functioning of the WFP Home Grown School Feeding Programme, and support the ongoing implementation and monitoring in overcoming operational challenges;
- Lead on capacity building of the School Feeding Units at Member State and Federal Level in support of institutional capacity strengthening and transition to direct implementation.
- Collaborate with the Government in planning, managing and facilitating training of Community Education Committees in planning, implementation, distribution, reporting and other operational aspects;
- Lead on policy engagement with the Government including the roll out of the National School Feeding Policy and School Meals Coalition
- Establish and maintain operational partnerships to identify opportunities for collaborative approaches and initiatives that improve School Feeding Programme implementation, policy engagement and support advocacy work, including representation of WFP in Education and School Feeding related working groups to ensure strong coordination among all education actors
- Provide technical support to area offices and government to enhance the feeding programme.
- Contribute to the implementation of the Country Strategic Plan and other strategic documents linked to school feeding programme and resilience;
- Support and contribute to interagency coordination mechanisms and identify opportunities to develop new and existing synergies with other UN agencies in particular around School Health and Nutrition
- Work with the M&E team to improve monitoring and develop and incorporate indicators and monitoring formats outlining project activities, achievements for School Feeding Programme based on corporate guidance.
- Support the development of donor proposals and reports.
- Other duties as required.
Standard Minimum Qualifications
Advanced University degree in International Affairs, Economics, Nutrition/Health, Agriculture, Environmental Science, Social Sciences or other field relevant to international development assistance, or First University Degree with additional years of related work experience and/or trainings/courses.
- Minimum of three years of experience of implementing School Feeding or Education programmes.
- Deepened technical knowledge Education/school feeding programmes through exposure to technical teams.
- Has proven experience of policy engagement.
Proficiency in oral and written communication in English.
Terms and Conditions
Contract Duration: 11 months
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit online applications through E-Recruitment.
Applications that do not meet the above requirements will be disregarded. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
WFP seeks applicants of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
WFP is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The selection of candidates is made on a competitive basis.
- Job City Somalia