Contract type/grade: Consultant-II
Duty Station: Mogadishu, Somalia
Closing Date: 12th May 2022
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status, physical or mental disability.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
This position is open to qualified candidates. Female candidates in particular, are encouraged to apply.
- Provide overall coordination and management for the activities under the JRP in Jubaland and Banadir. This role requires a dedicated level of oversight and the JRP Coordinator must be able to work autonomously to ensure all programme objectives are achieved.
- Work closely with the nutrition, school feeding and livelihoods teams to ensure the technical quality of the programme.
- Liaise with Area Offices, the transfer management team for beneficiary registration and transfer management, logistics team for MOH capacity building, and budget and programme team for budget management.
- Coordinate closely with UNICEF and FAO on the implementation and monitoring of the JRP.
- Lead on the learning and evaluation agenda through working closely with M&E team, nutrition and school feeding team and JRP partners UNICEF and FAO and support strengthening the resilience agenda for WFP Somalia.
- Travel regularly to the field to meet with the teams responsible for programme implementation and monitoring, in order to support and monitor the implementation of the JRP.
- Provide advice, guidance and recommendations for improvement to area offices and relevant units as needed for successful implementation of the programme.
- Communicate as needed with the donor (BMZ/KFW) on the implementation progress, as well as respond to ad-hoc requests and questions from the donors.
- Prepare official reports to the donor (BMZ/KFW) as outlined in the agreement and any other reporting requests as required.
- Liaise directly with the WFP Berlin office as needed
- Meet with government officials and cooperating partners quarterly (or more often if needed) to discuss implementation of the programme and receive feedback to adjust programming as needed.
- Coordinate all external meetings and events (in collaboration with communications unit) for the programme.
- Coordinate the development of proposals for additional funding and expansion of the programme.
- Supervise the JRP Field Offices staff based in Dollow and provide support as and when required.
- Perform other duties as required
Standard Minimum Qualifications
Advanced university degree in Political Science, International Development, Development Economics, International Relations, or other relevant field. Or, first level university degree with additional years of related work experience
At least 6 years of postgraduate, progressively responsible, job-related professional experience in programme coordination and management as well as experience working with donors.
Terms and Conditions
Contract Duration: 11 months
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit online applications through E-Recruitment.
Applications that do not meet the above requirements will be disregarded. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
WFP seeks applicants of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
WFP is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The selection of candidates is made on a competitive basis.
- Job City Mogadishu, Somalia