ActionAid (AA) Nigeria is an affiliate of ActionAid International, which is a global alliance of organisations working towards achieving a world without poverty and injustice in which every person enjoys the right to a life with dignity. As a large and visible development organisation, we work in more than 40 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and America. Our expertise lies in community-led approaches to development and working through partnerships with the poor and other grass root organisations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Advisor, Enhancing Logistics Delivery & Citizens Participation In Nigeria Elections (En-Logic)
Reporting: Manager, Governance
Line Management: Support (Intern or Volunteer)
Duration: April 2022 – April 2023
- The post holder in collaboration with the Governance Manager will develop, implement, manage and report on enhancing logistics delivery and citizens participation in Nigeria elections project, and ensure adequate engagements with relevant stakeholders, mobilization and participation of National organizations as well as support in undertaking effective and appropriate documentation and shared learning systems, that will collectively contribute to improved programme quality and impact towards realization of the programme objectives.
- With support from the Manager, Governance; develop, implement and monitor quarterly, monthly and weekly activity plans including budget and procurement to achieve expected results.
- Provide policy, technical and operational advice on assuaging the challenges identified in the logistics deployment of election materials for electionadministration.
- Support national and state level actors (INEC) on the development of innovative approaches towards the early transportation of sensitive and non-sensitive election materials to polling units on election day.
- Support in collaboration with other partners in the field, the maintenance of an efficient M&E system that tracks programme performance and allows for easy retrieval of information.
- Implement on timely basis, agreed activities but also taking advantage of unplanned activities that may come up.
- Undertake such activities as to promote healthy relationship among stakeholders of ‘En-logic’ on elections.
- Undertake such activities that will promote and contribute to the improvement and strengthening of election administration and deployment processes in Nigeria
- Support in planning and capacity building training workshops on election logistics for all stakeholders and partners alike.
- Establish and maintain contacts with relevant government officials, INEC, SIEC, non-governmental organizations, media, etc.; Ensure appropriate mechanisms to facilitate collaboration and exchange of information that would further AAN’s work
- Represent and contribute to the advancement of the governance programme unit in Nigeria
- Work effectively and build sustainable partnership with the media to ensure project visibility and impact
- Support systems and manage the process of timely project and other reporting, including following up on internal and external reports and ensuring compliance with terms of reference and consultancies.
- Contribute strongly to identifying funding opportunities in Nigeria and beyond, and support proposal development.
- Collaborate with relevant institutions and other agencies, alliances and networks for elections and governance issues
- Support the development of training modules and facilitate trainings of groups and organizations on election and democracy
- Support system strengthening and organizational development
- Build capacity of partners and other election key actors and stakeholders on election.
- Build sustainable relations with the government at all levels, especially institutions on election and democracy.
- Submit monthly, quarterly, and annual reports
- Document and follow up on outcome of mid-term and annual project reviews
- Document and share learning from the project at national and international fora
- Coordinate the storage, retrieval and review of programme related information
- Provide inputs into the writing and review of periodic reports and other information and documents especially for accountability purpose
- Ensure programme documents are uploaded in the AAN SharePoint, CMS, etc.
- Participate in and contribute to the development of AAN annual plans and budgets
- Submit timely financial reports on funds released for activities in the state ensuring compliance with AAN financial reporting requirements.
- Support partners to develop realistic budgets, linking budgets to planned and agreed activities.
- Actively source for and participate in fundraising activity for AAN including developing concept notes and proposals.
- Facilitate the financial processes for service providers engaged by the unit.
Reporting and Accountability:
- Submit timely informative reports, showing progress towards outputs and objectives of the ‘En-Logic’ project
- Submit situational and any other non-routine reports when necessary or as requested
- Ensure timely implementation of and reporting on agreed activities.
- Participate in AAN programme meetings and share experiences from the field, bringing up issues of general programme nature for collective decision making.
- Facilitate the sharing of information with other stakeholders.
- Submit success stories or case studies on lessons learnt for sharing.
- Internal Relationships: Entire AAN team
- External Relationships: Partners, Donors, CSOs and relevant government agencies.
Attributes /S kills Essential Desirable
Education / Qualifications:
- First Degree in Political Sciences or other Social Sciences or Arts / Humanities
- Masters’ degree in a relevant field
- Membership of relevant professional Institute.
- At least 5 years post NYSC experience
- At least two years’ experience in similar position in the development sector
- Experience in project management
- Experience managing high level stakeholders
- Experience working on anelection project.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Active presence on social media
- Computer skills with good working knowledge of Microsoft office
- Ability to implement data management systems
- Fluency in spoken and written English language
- Highly numerate
- Excellent planning and prioritization skills
- Excellent (proven) interpersonal skills
- Experience working with multi sectoral stakeholders.
- A person of integrity, creative and takes initiative,
- Able to work effectively in a diverse team environment
- Willing to work additional hours at crucial times.
- A self-motivated person able to work without close supervision.
- Able to effectively promote AAN’s mission.
Application Closing Date
11th May, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should complete the Application Form below and send as an MS Word attachment to: Vacancy.Nigeria@actionaid.org using the Job Title and Location eg: “Project Advisor (En- Logic) – Abuja” as the subject of the email.
Click here to download the Application Form (MS Word)
Click here for more information
- Only electronically submitted forms will be considered. Submitted CVs will be disregarded.
- ActionAid offers competitive terms of employment. Applications from women and candidates from the North East and North West are particularly encouraged.
- While we respect all applicants, interview dates will be communicated only to shortlisted candidates.
- ActionAid is committed to preventing any form of sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse (including child abuse and adult at-risk abuse) in line with our
- Child Safeguarding policy, Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse; and Sexual Harassment, Exploitation and Abuse at Work Policy and Overarching
- SHEA and Safeguarding Policy; as well as our zero-tolerance approach to Safeguarding concerns.
- Job City Abuja