DanChurchAid (DCA) is working with refugees and local communities in Turkana, West Pokot, Baringo, Elgeyo Marakwet, Nyandarua, Nakuru, Busia and Siaya counties to enhance sustainable livelihoods and build their resilience. DCA implements projects directly as well as through local partner organizations. For more information on DCA, please visit www.danchurchaid.org.
DCA is seeking to recruit a dynamic and proactive Kenyan National for the following position: Project Assistant – MEAL. The position is based in Kakuma office, Turkana County, and reports to the Area Manager, DCA Office, Kenya.
The Project Assistant MEAL will directly implement all MEAL processes and activities required to improve programme quality over the course of projects’ implementation. This includes supporting the design of project M&E frameworks, including design of project monitoring tools & tracking project outputs and results; facilitating supporting evaluation studies; and contributing to SCI annual monitoring and reporting. The position supports effective project level accountability and learning systems, including handling beneficiary complaints and response systems. The candidate will also contribute to project and organizational learning processes.
The main responsibilities of the Project Assistant – MEAL:
Design of Project MEAL systems
- Lead the development of Monitoring and evaluation systems and processes for the implementation of the DCA projects in Kakuma. This includes the design of project MEAL frameworks.
- Building capacity of project staff, partners and other relevant stakeholders on implementation of DCA Kakuma MEAL actions.
Monitoring and Reporting
- Keep track of project activity implementation and progress against output indicators as reported by project teams
- Lead the documentation of project results, impact, best practices and significant changes. Document learning and best practices; disseminate learnings, reports, publications and participate in learning sessions, and ensuring that the lessons learnt are utilized to inform programming and advocacy.
- Maintain an updated Indicator Performance Tracker (IPT) for DCA Kakuma Office Projects including maintenance of an agile and accessible secure physical and digital filing system and project database
- Regularly collect the relevant data as indicated by Project MEAL plans to measure progress against indicators, expanding contextual knowledge of the organization, build positive relationships, and trust with people of concern and promote programmatic learning.
Evaluation of Projects
- Conduct all ad hoc or regular assessment, monitoring, post-monitoring, and evaluation data collection as per plan / Scope of Work of all project activities present in the respective area.
- Using quantitative and qualitative methods generate datasets, assessments, and reports analysis to support project staff in generating high quality reports for various audiences.
Accountability and Complaints Handling System
- Collect and manage complaints and feedback in close coordination with Project team. Track timeliness of response to complaints and maintain an updated project complaints tracker.
- Assist in mainstreaming accountability in all activities and responsible for the operations of reporting and complaints mechanism as well as receiving regular feedback from key stakeholders.
- Lead in field testing and piloting in the field of tools and provide feedback and inputs to the MEAL officer after the piloting phase.
Required Education and Experience
- A holder of a degree in Statistics, Social Sciences, ICT, Development Studies, Project Management or other relevant field required.
- A minimum of three (3) years of professional experience in monitoring and evaluation, preferably with INGOs.
- Experience in the usage of Digital Data Collection software such as Kobo, ODK, Magpi, and Commcare.
- Strong skills in qualitative and quantitative data data analysis and visualisation using at least three software: MS-Excel, STATA, SPSS, Power Bi, NVIVO and other data management software.
- The desired should have; Ability to work independently to troubleshoot, perform root cause analysis, identify and isolate technical issues.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivation, creativity and an ability to perform without close supervision.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English is required.
How to apply
The deadline for applications is:11/08/2022
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
DCA offers: DCA offers a salary package (salary, insurance, and benefits) in accordance with experience and DCA Kenya HR Manual.
DCA is an equal opportunity employer and all interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply regardless of race, gender, marital status and religious, political, or ethnic affiliation. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. DCA conducts a thorough anti-terror check as part of the recruitment process. It is a prerequisite that you can pass this check and maintain this status throughout your employment period.