Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an international, private, non-governmental, non-profit humanitarian organization. Our organization offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters, to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation and have been working in Nigeria since February 1996.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Coordinator Assistant
Location: Ganjuwa, Bauchi
Employment Type: Full-time
- Provide support to the Project Coordinator in the administrative part of coordination tasks, ensuring a smooth relationship with local and national authorities, contributing to the context analysis and follow-up, and providing translations and interpreting in order to ensure the smooth running of the project.
- Monitor and report on key issues (security, risk, etc.) to the Project Coordinator and provide support in analyzing contextual information, through a sound knowledge of counterparts, in different administrations in order to improve decision-making processes.
- File and update field contacts and correspondence (with other NGOs, UN agencies, local authorities, media, etc) in order to ensure the information source’s accuracy and availability on regular basis.
- Assist the Project Coordinator in the drafting of correspondences with authorities and counterparts (government officials, UN agencies, NGOs, etc.) in order to ensure fluent and accurate communication flows
- Assist the Project Coordinator in Internal and External Communication sessions and events about MSF (for National staff, the Ministry of Health staff, as well as local authorities) in order to improve awareness and public opinion adhesion.
- Ensures the continuity of relations with local actors and keeps updated the list of contacts.
- Organize advocacy contacts and appointments for the Project Coordinator with local authorities and partners to ensure the continuity of relations with local actors and involved counterparts.
- Execute clerk-related activities as well as prepare and conduct briefings on the project context to new employees in order to facilitate their integration onboard and within the project environment.
- Translate documents and act as an interpreter when needed.
- Candidates should possess a B.Sc qualification.
- Minimum of 1 year work experience.
Application Closing Date
28th September, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer, both men and women are encouraged to apply.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process. MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring of a candidate having benefitted from such acts. All illicit demands of these types may be pursued through the judicial system
- MSF thanks all the candidates for their interest in this position. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- The protection of your personal data is important to MSF. By submitting your application, you consent to MSF using your data only for the recruitment process to have all the information and documents necessary to proceed with the recruitment, validation of your application and selection of the most suitable candidate. Your data will be treated confidentially.
- Only people part of the recruitment process have access to your data. MSF does not sell your data under any circumstances. If you have any questions or requests, you can contact: email@example.com.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Senior International Relations Officer (PAP) at the African Union (AU)
- Senior Internal Auditor (PAP) at the African Union (AU)
- Interpreter – Translator / French (PAP) at the African Union (AU)
- Senior Media and Communications Officer (PAP) at the African Union (AU)
- Senior Protocol Officer (PAP) at the African Union (AU)