Family Health International (FHI 360) is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Coordinator
Requisition ID: 2022200413
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Full Time
- Northeast Nigeria is currently facing a growing humanitarian crisis with a vast number of Internally Displaced Persons in need of emergency assistance.
- These IDPs are living among host communities, lacking access to livelihoods and resources, ultimately leading to unprecedented levels of malnutrition and food insecurity. FHI 360 has been working in Nigeria for over 30 years and is now expanding activities in Borno state to respond to the IDP crisis.
- As a member of the Program Management Team, supports the Response Coordinator in providing oversight, coordination, monitoring and reporting of the humanitarian response project activities in the assigned LGA.
General Position Summary
- The Project Coordinator will be responsible for supporting activities in the intervention towards delivery of humanitarian response support to IDPs through provision of Health, WASH, Protection and livelihood support services.
- S/He will be responsible for supporting the implementation of strategic, impactful, and high-quality programming.
- The Project Coordinator will report to FHI 360 Response Coordinator for the North East and work collaboratively with fellow program/technical staff
- S/he will work extensively with other sectors to ensure that all program activities are implemented successfully and timely.
Essential Job Functions
- Support in project start-up and ongoing project management and administration of activities including beneficiary/community identification, IDP screening site mapping, planning and implementing of all sector activities, working with partners and facilitating monitoring.
- Contribute to all field work, including working collaboratively with other FHI 360 staff in Borno State in the implementation of all planned interventions including identification of existing social & economic referral networks, monitoring and supporting beneficiaries throughout the intervention period.
- Coordinating with community leaders and other stakeholders and other field-based tasks as assigned.
- Ensure that beneficiaries are effectively targeted according to established vulnerability criteria.
- Contribute to effective program reporting, monitoring and evaluation systems for both internal and external use in coordination with the other program staff.
- Integrate community approaches, gender sensitivity and capacity building into all activities as appropriate.
- Conduct monitoring and data collection as directed by the Response Coordinator, assisting with specific surveys or assessments as needed.
- Contribute to providing the Country Director with up-to-date information on the affected and targeted community and coordinates beneficiary lists and numbers with different stakeholders.
- Adherence to the National Policy on IDPs, IDP Protection Strategy 2015 and policy on the protection of personal data of persons of concern.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to FHI 360 and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission in the area of operation.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- MBBS / MD / PHD or similar Degree with 7 years’ relevant experience with international development programs which includes 5 years’ experience with Health program planning and implementation at the community or state level, administration and compliance of a field-based international development or humanitarian program; general program management experience required.
- Or M.Sc / MA in Social Science, Public Health or related field, MPH preferred, and a minimum of 7 – 9 years’ relevant experience with international development programs which includes 5 years’ experience with Health program planning and implementation at the community or state level working with public and NGO sectors.
- Prior experience implementing any form of protection support is required,
- preferably in a camp setting.
- Experience with providing health and non – health interventions strongly preferred.
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders to identify beneficiaries according to criteria required.
- Experience with running assessments, monitoring and evaluation and other learning efforts required.
- Experience representing the organization and its interests to a diverse range of local and international government officials, local civil society organizations, other international organizations, the media and the public.
- Commitment to renewing and maintaining knowledge of best practices
- Demonstrated training and facilitation experience
- Ability to work under pressure
- Demonstrated strengths in analytical skills, monitoring and evaluation, and report writing
- Strong interpersonal, intercultural and communication skills
- Excellent oral and written skills and computer skills
- Fluency in English; fluency in Hausa is required.
The successful candidate will have a can-do attitude:
- Ideally s/he will have previous experience in working in large-scale emergency programs in insecure and conflict-affected contexts, including remote management and capacity development.
- S/he is a problem solver, who is adept in successfully dealing with issues of complexity.
- S/he is an active listener and contributor, working to create a strong team share ideas and learn.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online