Family Health International (FHI 360) is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Driver
Requisition ID: 2022200412
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Full Time
- Northeast Nigeria is currently facing a growing humanitarian crisis with a vast number of Internally Displaced Persons in need of emergency assistance.
- These IDPs are living among host communities, lacking access to livelihoods and resources, ultimately leading to unprecedented levels of malnutrition and food insecurity.
- FHI 360 has been working in Nigeria for over 30 years and is now expanding activities in Borno state to respond to the IDP crisis.
- FHI 360 is expanding its expertise by responding to this humanitarian crisis through integrated WASH, Health/Nutrition and Protection interventions
- Under the direction of the logistics Officer or as delegated, the driver will be responsible to Transport FHI360 staff, consultants/ equipment and programme goods to and fro Office, Guest house/Hotels/Airport/Hospital/Agency offices/warehouse etc.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Check the vehicle prior to its use in the morning and after use.
- Check, on taking over a vehicle, that the items listed on the vehicle check list and the items listed in the vehicle tools and materials inventory are present and in full functioning order.
- Report defects / damage immediately.
- Submit monthly mileage/ fuel consumption & Maintenance report to the head driver.
- Ensure all vehicle journeys are authorized in advance.
- Record every movement in the logbook at the start and completion of the journey.
- Ensure vehicles document including insurance is valid at all times/keep Documents folder updated.
- Ensure that the keys and vehicle documents are kept in a secure place when the vehicle is not in use.
- Ensure the use of seat belts by all on board before moving the vehicle.
- Drive fhi 360 vehicles on the approve speed limit on the different route and abide by the fleet policy.
- Report all incident/ accidents immediately including near mist.
- Ensures the safety of passengers at all times
- Keep to security protocol and warning.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Must have qualified SSCE / NECO Certificate Examination
- 4 year working experience working as a driver with reputable organizations (INGOs, Corporate, Government)
- Experience as a mechanic or auto-electrician desirable.
- Experience working in Northeast desirable or relatively insecure location.
- Possession of valid National driving license
- Excellent verbal communication and listening skills.
- Able to communicate with English, Hausa & Kanuri
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to response to emergency callout at all times.
- Able to transport all staff, equipment, and materials safely.
- Ability to Ensure visibility protocols are adhered to at all times
- Ability to Keep the vehicle clean in/ outside daily.
- Able to diagnose or dictate fault in vehicle and ability to carry out some minor repair.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online