Tuberculosis Data, Impact Assessment, and Communications Hub (TB DIAH) is a five-year Associate Award funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). The objective of TB DIAH is to ensure optimal demand and analysis of both routine and non-routine TB data for decision-making and their appropriate use to support interventions, policies, and performance management of national governments, ministries of health, national TB programs, USAID and other stakeholders. TB DIAH is implemented by the Carolina Population Center, University of North Carolina (UNC) at Chapel Hill and sub-recipient John Snow Inc. (JSI).
The Project Driver will provide safe transportation service to the TB DIAH project. He will be responsible for the accounting and record keeping for each trip using JSI vehicle log book to ensure vehicle usage activities comply with JSI Policies and USAID regulations. He would be responsible for the safekeeping and maintenance of the project vehicle and expected to report any mechanical fault in good time. He would provide logistical and administrative support during trainings and meetings. He will learn and comply with all security requirement and also have great knowledge of current road systems and conditions.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Drive project vehicle for transportation of authorized personnel
- Ensure vehicle is safe and availability of all required documents and supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, first aid kit, necessary spare parts
- Check vehicle condition on daily basis and report any mechanical fault in good time for repairs to be carried out and cross check to see that the repairs were well done.
- Responsible for safekeeping of all vehicle equipment, tools, first aid kits, spares etc.
- Keep the vehicle ready, clean and on standby ready for use at all times
- Refuels vehicle using approved fuel voucher and keep records
- Support the project team by providing administrative and clerical support as requested, including in preparing, copying, collating, binding, filing and distributing documents, mail and notifications, as instructed
- Provide logistical and administrative support during events and meetings, as required.
- Reports and advises on any risks and/or incidents that may impact JSI TB DIAH relating to travel, safety and security.
- Ensure proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through minor repairs, timely change of oil, check of tyres, brakes, car washing etc
- Facilitate airport pick-ups and drop off of office personnel and visitors
- Log all trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes, greasing etc
- Other duties as assigned
This will be from February 2022 to end of project
The following qualifications are required:
- A minimum of O-Level School Certificate
- At least 3-year experience in a similar position. Work experience in an NGO would be added advantage
- Valid driver’s license
- Must be medically fit to drive
- Knowledgeable of road network in Abuja and other states
- Must be a person with initiative and high moral integrity
- A good team player with pleasant personality
- Ability to work long hours and in difficult terrain
- Flexibility to work outside normal working hours
How to apply
*Interested candidates should email an updated C.V and Cover Letter to email@example.com