The SustaiNet Group (SGL) www.sustainetgroup.com needs your expertise to acquire projects, manage our network and develop business to accomplish our mission “t*o be a reliable and trusted African consulting partner of choice providing quality advisory services towards transformation of agri-food systems in sustainable and innovative ways”.* SGL offers development consulting services to facilitate effective agricultural market-oriented and private sector-led development; resilience building; entrepreneurship and employment opportunities for youth and women and similar services in the East Africa region and beyond. You will engage with our exciting international network of national and international donors, consulting firms and development organizations all working towards the Sustainable Development Goals. You will work in a young, dynamic team supported by seasoned consultants while enjoying the view from our amazing Shiriki House office community in Westlands.
Your tasks will involve:
· Collaboration with project implementation teams of our entire project portfolio in Africa to ensure proper technical and financial management according to different donor guidelines and procedures
· Management and coordination of, and with, consortium partners to ensure the projects reach their objectives, remain within budgets, and deliver the agreed-upon margins.
· Contract management and liaise between SGL, the projects, partners, and the donor
· Contract management and liaise between SGL and the consultants and support staff working in the project
· Facilitate (virtual) workshops with experts and partners to monitor progress, solve problems and deliver the outputs
· (Further) development and maintenance of monitoring systems and planning tools
· Quarterly budget planning and monitoring, signing off of timesheets and expert invoices, responsible for quality of invoices to donors in close collaboration with the finance department
· Knowledge management and (further) development and maintenance of the expert, partner, and project reference database
· Develop and maintain a network of national and international partners, donors, and experts
· On-demand support to the acquisition team lead for proposals
· Completed Bachelor or Master studies in international development, organizational development, or another relevant field (Master’s degree preferred).
· Minimum of five years of relevant professional experience in project management and/or in our thematic areas of expertise
· Past experience administering and managing international development projects (experience with German and Scandinavian donors is a plus).
· Well organized with great attention to detail and strong analytical skills.
· Strong soft skills in 1) communication, both written and verbal, 2) team management and coordination, 3) negotiation, and 4) time-management skills (especially when facing tight deadlines).
· Up to date and interested in developing industry trends, issues and just as passionate as we are about reaching our vision for Africa
· Kenyan nationality/resident interested to travel to Uganda and other countries in the region
How to apply
If this is you, then please submit your application here by 1st of September 2021 17h in Nairobi. The selection committee looks for 1) well-written cover letters laying out the candidates’ motivation and detailing current and expected salary and Skype and mobile contacts 2) professional CV.
Please use this link to access the job profile:
Sustainet Group Limited (SGL), is an equal opportunity employer and only shortlisted candidates, whose CVs are received through our online system will be contacted