Position: Project Manager (All SIDA and RRM projects countrywide)
Organize and coordinate SIDA/RRM projects across all the regions, provide strategic guidance to SIDA/RRM projects teams in ways that promote IRS core values, oversee the progress of project operations, and ensure delivery of the project outcomes/ outputs.
The incumbent will be responsible for providing support to SIDA 2023 and RRM projects in Somalia. S/He will liaise closely with the Regional Program Managers and SIDA/RRM projects team to ensure activities are in line with IRW’s strategic focus, as well as with IRS’s Country Programming Strategy. She/he will provide the day-to-day support needed for implementing the project activities and programming, identify the technical issues, identify challenges and risks to implementation, and work closely with the Partnership unit to design innovative interventions responding to SIDA/IRSW’s call for proposal to support resilience and recovery.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Budget Responsibilities: As delegated by the Country Director
Role Dimensions: Liaises with Program managers, Finance Manager, Programme Quality & Innovation, Senior officer Food Security and Livelihood, WASH, Gender, Protection and Inclusion, ART, M&E, Operation, and staff from other support units.
- Support and monitor the performance of SIDA projects in the IRS including
- Formulate, Design, organize implementation and monitor SIDA/RRM inter-connected projects (Annual and RRM)
- Decide on suitable strategies and objectives for SIDA/RRM projects and coordinate cross-project activities
- Lead and evaluate SIDA/RRM project staff, develop and control deadlines, budgets, and activities and determine areas of improvement,
- Working with other departments, develop budgets and plans for the SIDA/RRM programs and ensure the projects stay within the budget.
- Evaluating and assessing the programs’ strengths and weaknesses
- Monitoring projects and oversight to ensure goals are met
- Meeting with program stakeholders to discuss program status and goals
- Ensure the use of conflict sensitivity, DNH, gender, protection, and inclusion lens in the design and implementation of SIDA/RRM projects.
- Designing and implementing SIDA/RRM projects including detailed activity planning and its management, leading regular collection of evidence and review of data quality, and documenting key findings.
- Ensure effective linkage with the IRS program and other Humanitarian actors in the target project sites.
- Program/ Project management roles
- Through understanding of project/program management techniques and methods;
- Excellent Knowledge of program/ project performance evaluation techniques and key metrics;
- Good knowledge of data analysis, reporting and budgeting;
- A project management acumen with a strategic ability;
- An analytical mindset with great problem-solving abilities and the ability to communicate effectively.
- Track the progress of SIDA/RRM projects and produce reports on each program’s success
- Identify developing needs and pitch ideas/proposals for new programs.
- Contribute towards fundraising, durable solutions, and economic empowerment
- Provide high-quality case studies, quotes, and photographs to support fundraising for the program;
- Develop strategic partnerships with relevant funders and partners, and represent IRS at the SIDA/RRM program and other high-level meetings;
- Conduct progress reviews, and document challenges, risks, and mitigation measures.
- Create/ develop high-quality reports for SIDA/RRM IR Sweden and future supporters/funders.
- Mainstream initiatives targeting to support gender, youth, and vulnerable groups within SIDA/RRM projects
- Work closely with MEAL and Communication units to lead the preparation of case studies, human stories, monitoring & evaluation, and related communication for SIDA/RRM projects.
- Perform any other duties and activities upon instructions by the supervisor.
- Work independently on tasks related to project planning and implementation with monthly reporting and direction from the supervisor;
- Make decisions on project implementation and its daily management responsibly based on available resources, skills, and knowledge of staff and access to affected communities;
- In close consultation with local authorities and communities; ensure implementation of appropriate and workable project activities;
- Proper management of financial resources, equipment, and project utilities.
- Work in adherence to IR’s policies and procedures.
- Network with government, local and regional NGOs, and private sectors as deemed appropriate to promote, build links, and seek support to create markets for goods and services of project beneficiaries
- Knowledge of the Market Development System (MSD) is an added advantage.
Innovation and standardization
- Develop country-based quality benchmarks for SIDA/RRM projects
- Develop output and indicator checklist to track the progress and impact of the project components
- Bring any other innovation to programming
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
- High-level management and leadership skills;
- Conflict resolution and problem-solving skills;
- Risk management, Cultural and political sensitivity;
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills
- Must have a ‘hands-on’, practical mentality, be self-driven, and be motivated.
- Must be well organized, work independently, and be able to schedule and manage tasks/ initiatives effectively.
- Very high attention to detail, excellent teamwork, and motivational skills
- Must be flexible and adapt to a fluid situation.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and good command of English.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Minimum of Muster in Project Management, Business Management, Development Studies/ Economics, or a similar related field.
- Certification in project/ program management is an added advantage.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience as a Program Manager,
- Extensive knowledge of multi-sectoral project management
- Excellent spoken and written English and good working knowledge of the Somali language
- Good Understanding of MAAY Language is an additional value
- Ability to analyze and interpret impact and financial data, and present the most relevant and important key findings to stakeholders
- Ability to identify quality partners and linkages and work effectively with them to leverage the program;
- Ability to represent SIDA/RRM program work professionally at high-level forums including government, NGO and donor;
- Ability to communicate regularly and openly with stakeholders and potential funding partners,
- Ability to communicate regularly and openly with the wider IRS/IRW team, to share progress, insights, challenges and recommendations;
- Self-directed and self-motivated; able to organize and deliver own work with minimal supervision.
- Desired skills
- Track record in facilitating problem-solving, and stimulating sustainable project ownership
- Experience in implementing multi-sectoral projects.
- Experience in project management, managing and reporting on donor grants.
- Experience in International agencies’ durable solutions, and food security programming is an added advantage
- Good understanding of Somalia context and work experience. Somali national is an added advantage.
- Additional competence experience
- Results Focused and outcome-oriented,
- Teamwork and team player,
- Excellent communication skills – able to communicate and report effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Willing to adapt to IRW’s norms and values without compromising personal beliefs and principles.
- Willing and able to work long hours as required and meet deadlines.
- Commitment to participatory approaches when working with communities.
- Willing to learn local mechanisms, culture and humanitarian development, Able to build productive working relationships; work as part of a team, and support colleagues.
- Communicates honestly, openly, and consistently. Shares information appropriately and ensure that the views of all members of the team are freely expressed.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to build working relationships quickly and to work sensitively with people from various cultural and social backgrounds.
- Able to form recommendations for creative solutions in problem-solving.
- Energetic and able to operate in situations which may be arduous.
- Show a good understanding of humanitarian principles and sympathy with Islamic Relief’s values.
How to apply
Please send a brief CV (maximum 3 pages), passport, and cover letter (maximum 500 words) explaining why you would like the job and why you would be the best candidate, referring to the job description and person specification, with real examples from your work.
Send by email to Hr.Mogadishu@islamic-relief.so.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Grants Manager at The Boma Project
- Head of Finance Department at Action Against Hunger USA
- AN HEALTH AND NUTRITION HEAD OF DEPARTMENT at Action Contre la Faim France
- EXPERT.E RENFORCEMENT DES SYSTEMES DE SANTE at Action Contre la Faim France
- UN.E RESPONSABLE DE PROGRAMME NUTRITION ET SANTE at Action Contre la Faim France