About the European Climate Foundation
The European Climate Foundation (ECF) was founded in 2008 as a major philanthropic initiative to help tackle climate change by fostering the development of a low-carbon society at the national, European and global level.
We support over 500 partner organisations to carry out activities that contribute to the public debate on climate action, drive urgent and ambitious policy in support of the objectives of the Paris Agreement and help deliver a socially responsible transition to a net-zero emissions economy and sustainable society in Europe and around the world.
As towns, cities and countries around the world declare climate emergencies, seas rise, forests burn, glaciers melt, increasing numbers of people take to the streets demanding urgent action and our societies begin to wake up to what the science has been saying for many years, there has never been a more important time to be working on climate change.
About the role
The ECF’s Strategic Communications Team is currently accepting applications for the role of Project Manager, Strategic Communications, Oil & Gas.
Working as part of an international team of expert communicators, the successful candidate will drive the impact of the network’s oil and gas strategy.
This is an exciting opportunity for a highly driven project manager who has the ambition to make a difference.
We’re looking for an organisational guru who knows their way around strategic communications tools. We are looking for someone who can inject a sense of community and connection in our growing team while deftly keeping a complex project on the tracks.
You will maintain an overview of the project goals, ensuring objectives are in sight. You will look to join dots across a growing network, manage project timelines, team meetings, keep track of our budget in cooperation with our operations team, and help to monitor and report on our impact against objectives.
You will know your way around communications analytics and reporting tools, be a PowerPoint master, and can successfully schedule a call across multiple timezones.
This candidate will report to the Strategic Communications Senior Associate, Oil & Gas (based in Europe).
▪ Devising and maintaining a system to keep high level overview of the network’s oil and gas strategy, objectives and activities
▪ Tracking and planning budget spends to help our operations team and ensure the team is on track for campaign goals
▪ Coordinating, scheduling, and note taking of relevant meetings
▪ Following up with Oil & Gas team members on outputs and deadlines to ensure campaigns are running on schedule
▪ Joining the dots on oil and gas work across a growing network conversations oil and gas supply and demand, infrastructure, new technologies in oil and gas, the developing story of hydrogen’s role in energy transition, to help inform our strategy
▪ Creating supporting materials such as Powerpoints and coverage reports
▪ Create a system to track the impact of our work in order to contribute to reporting
Experience and competencies
▪ A genuine interest in the mission and values of the ECF
▪ A passion to create change
▪ Experience in project coordination, management, or communications
▪ Proven problem solving and organisational skills
▪ Ability to track and manage budgets
▪ Ability to produce engaging and impactful materials
▪ Ability to devise systems to track work
▪ An independent self-starter able to work on their own and as part of a remote team
▪ The disposition to work generously with colleagues in a high-trust global community of peers
▪ The versatile and adaptable skills necessary to flourish in a fast-paced and wide-ranging work environment and work across phone/video conferencing, time zones, Slack, email, Trello, etc.
▪ A commitment to an inclusive and empowering approach to facing climate change
What we offer
▪ The unique opportunity to work as part of a highly dynamic, international group of individuals who combine their passion to make a difference with a rigorous and results-oriented approach to work;
▪ A flexible work environment and a space to develop and challenge yourself;
▪ A full-time position with a consultant or employment contract (subject to location) for 12 months, with a possible renewal after one year.
Some international travel will be required. We may be able to provide co-working spaces in some locations.
Only candidates with the right to work in their location will be considered.
As soon as possible
How to apply
Please upload below:
- short cover letter expressing your motivation for this role
- both in English!
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All applications will be treated confidentially. We will store your information in our internal database unless you specifically request otherwise.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion in our organisation. We strongly encourage candidates from historically disadvantaged or marginalised groups to apply.