The Kenya Financial Sector Deepening (FSD) programme, FSD Kenya, was established in early 2005 to support the development of inclusive financial markets in Kenya. FSD understands financial inclusion as being about harnessing the power of markets to improve people’s lives.
Exceptional gains have been made in expanding inclusive finance in Kenya. FSD’s strategy for the next five years seeks to contribute to the development of a financial system that increasingly delivers value for a green and inclusive digital economy while improving financial health and capability for women and micro and small enterprises. Drawing on a detailed understanding of market systems and a clear vision of the future, FSD looks to address identified systemic constraints and bring about large-scale and sustainable change.
We are looking for a Project Manager who will be responsible for executing the operational elements of the policy and infrastructure project and support the successful completion and implementation of the project’s listed objectives and deliverables.
Who we need
A solid track record in project management including experience in procurement, reporting, and budget-tracking. A good understanding of the financial sector including policy, digital payments, and the credit market is a plus. A background in the development field would be advantageous but more important is the ability to work independently across a wide variety of competing tasks. To succeed you will need to be agile in thought and action, highly motivated by FSD Kenya’s mission, eager to take responsibility and deliver on a demanding set of outputs.
At a minimum you will have:
- Minimum three years’ experience in a similar role with a reputable organisation.
- Relevant professional qualification (minimum of bachelor’s degree; desirable training in market systems development).
- Detailed knowledge and experience with project management best practice.
- Knowledge and understanding of Kenya’s financial sector.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) ability.
How to apply
If you think this is the right role for you please use this link to view the job description and apply for the position. Candidates should apply no later than 7th October 2022.
FSD Kenya is an equal opportunity employer.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Head of Programme Kenya and Tanzania at Norwegian Refugee Council
- Project Officer (based in Baringo County) – GEA Project at Self Help Africa
- Project Officer (Somali Nationals) at Action Against Hunger USA
- Programme Management Advisor (Sr. Programme Officer) Re-advertised at UNOPS
- International Fund for Animal Welfare (IFAW) is seeking a consultant(s) to conduct the baseline survey/evaluation for a 5-year USAID funded project du