Position: Project Officer FSL/WASH Officer
Department: Project Implementation
Direct Hierarchy: Deputy Project Manager
Location: Bardhere, Jubaland
Starting date: June 2022
Background on ACTED
ACTED is a French humanitarian NGO, founded in 1993, which supports vulnerable populations, affected by humanitarian crises worldwide. ACTED provides continued support to vulnerable communities by ensuring the sustainability of post-crisis interventions and engaging long-term challenges facing our target populations, in order to break the poverty cycle, foster development and reduce vulnerability to disasters. Their interventions seek to cover the multiple aspects of humanitarian and development crises through a multidisciplinary approach which is both global and local, and adapted to each context.
ACTED is looking for professionally confident, self-motivated, experienced and committed team player to fill the Project Officer FSL/WASH Officer position in Bardhere, Jubaland.
The Project Officer FSL/WASH Officer will be responsible for ensuring that projects’ activities in Bardhere., Jubbaland are fully implemented in accordance with proposals, according to ACTED rules and regulations and donor requirements in Somalia. The incumbent will be attached to the implementing partner in the area and is required to smoothen the partnerships, give the necessary capacity building, guidance and supervision of partner activities. The staff will be the focal point on the ground for ACTED to help in coordination and collaboration and ensure implementation is done in close collaboration with program staff, the local community, the Local authority and other relevant agencies
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the implementation of all project activities to ensure the project is completed in a timely and accountable manner
- Liaise with local authorities, local partner and communities as need be
- Ensure that ACTED actions are ethnically fair and proportionate.
- Coordinate with the field team in Jubaland and the AMEU department to prepare and implement project monitoring and evaluation plans.
- Set up, plan, supervise and monitor the project at the field level to ensure the successful implementation of all projects activities, the generation of planned outputs and attainment of key project objectives.
- To ensure all activities undertaken are appropriately documented (agreement/MOUs with relevant authorities in Somalia, attendance sheets and training circular, beneficiary Registration lists, work plans and accounts when relevant etc.)
- Write monthly reports as well as Weekly WAMs and share with Deputy Project Manager
- Help in development and updating of monthly Project Management Framework (PMF) sheets to ensure smooth tracking of the assigned projects
- Periodically monitor and update Beneficiary database of the projects and update in the events of re-targeting before finally sharing with interested departments
- Accurately manage payrolls for beneficiaries ahead of cash transfers.
- Ensure all activities undertaken are appropriately documented (agreement/MOUs with relevant authorities, attendance sheets and training circular, beneficiary Registration lists, work plans and accounts when relevant etc.)
- Coordinate with AME departments in alerting them on all planned monitoring activities of the projects and create smooth work relationship
- To manage the field program staff in and monitor the implementing partner. Act as officer in charge of the area base and therefore manage and supervise all field staff in the respective area
- To provide strategic advice and guidance to program management team in relation to livelihood programming aspects
- To undertake biannual appraisal of staff under his/her responsibility
- To budget and monitor project expenditures to ensure they are in line with ACTED and donor requirements.
- Liaise with FLAT team in the field and area office to coordinate procurement and other needs for project implementation and organization base support
- Act as focal point for the base including security follow ups, team leadership and coordination between departments.
- To produce departmental internal report on weekly and monthly basis
- To provide internal reporting as requested from coordination and line management
- Provide capacity building to implementing partner staff when appropriate and make sure that the local partner implements the projects as per the ACTED rules and regulations as well as per Donor requirements.
- Protection Mainstreaming: promoting of and adhering to Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse policy and guidelines (for site residents, ACTED staff, partner agencies, casual labors).
- Perform any additional task as requested by the line Manager
- University degree in civil engineering, humanities, social studies, architecture, urban planning or engineering
- Minimum two years of experience in international and/or local NGO; ideally involved in the direct implementation of field level humanitarian assistance to refugees or IDPs.
- Experience working in a camp setting
- Previous work with camp management agency
- Technical skills such as Microsoft Office.
- Experience in community services, women empowerment, youth activities, protection, distribution or registration.
- Experience in working with national partners, local/government authorities, and UN organizations
- Must able to align with the organizational values
- Should be versatile and able to perform more than one tasks as deemed necessary
- Dedicate committed and think outside the box
- Autonomous and able to direct him/herself with minimal guidance
- Should have great leadership, problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Must be able to achieve result with team work and team leadership
- Ensure, compliance, transparency and accountability all the time
- Must have good planning, operationalization and organizing skills
- Must have high and effective communication skills
Qualified Somali Nationals with the required skills are invited to submit their applications accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter as a single document i.e. with the cover letter being on the first page and the CV starting on the second page, detailing three work related referees and contacts to email@example.com and received on or before 5.00PM on 31st May 2022 with the subject line
“PO FSL/WASH Officer – Bardhere”
Please do not attach any other documents while sending your applications, if required they will be requested at a later stage.
Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ACTED will at no stage of recruitment process request candidate to make payments of any kind. Further, ACTED has not retained any agent in connection with recruitments.
ACTED is committed to protecting beneficiaries within our programmes from exploitation and abuse and any kind of misconduct. ACTED has specific policies, including PSEA and Child Protection, which outlines the expected behavior and the responsibility of all staff, beneficiaries, consultants and other stakeholders and has zero tolerance towards misconducts. Any candidate offered a job with ACTED will be expected to sign ACTED’s organizational Policies and Code of Conduct as an annex to their contract of employment and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these documents.
ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Job City Bardhere, Jubaland