About ICS SP
We work towards a better future for children. Together with families, communities and other stakeholders we initiate programmes that create safe and nurturing environments for them. We are looking for individuals with a passion to make a positive difference in the lives of children and young people to join us in our journey of building stronger, capable and connected families where children are well nurtured and enabled to realize their hopes and aspirations. Visit www.icsafrica-sp.org to know more about us.**
About the Anticipated Project
ICS SP seeks to recruit for the position of a Project Officer – Parenting and Child Protection in anticipation of a new project on parenting that will be implemented in Garissa Counties in collaboration with government and other stakeholders. The new project will layer on existing parenting, nutrition and ECD interventions and will aim at building the capacity of different frontline paraprofessionals to implement the national parenting programme that is being developed under the coordination of government.
Function Title: Project officer –Positive Parenting and child protection
Purpose of function:
The project officer will collaborate with project stakeholders, paraprofessionals and project beneficiaries, build capacity of paraprofessionals, and support delivery of parenting interventions and trainings. She/he will be responsible for day-to-day project implementation, support supervision, project monitoring and reporting.
Summary of roles and responsibilities
- Develop and implement project plans as per stipulated timelines
- Network and cultivate working relationships with various government and non-government stakeholders and ensure their meaningful involvement in the project at county level
- Support in the recruitment and provide training to project stakeholders and project beneficiaries on parenting strategies and interventions, including providing training paraprofessionals to deliver the national parenting programme
- Provide support supervision and mentorship support for trained project beneficiaries
- Contribute to the adaptation of the national parenting programme, SOPs, and service referral mechanisms and targeted materials on parenting for different paraprofessional groups
- Conduct day to day monitoring, and collate lessons learnt, success factors and facilitates dissemination at different levels
- Prepare periodic reports, and records on project activities on a timely basis
Desired qualifications, knowledge and experience
· Bachelor’s degree in development studies, social sciences, community development, public development, ECD or related disciplines.
· Minimum 4 years’ professional field experience in parenting, ECD and child development, child protection programming
· Demonstrated understanding of government structures and systems.
· Relevant community development, engagement and mobilization skills
· Excellent training, facilitation and presentation skills
· Ability to deal effectively with a wide variety of, community and government and non-government stakeholders
· Relevant experience of working with and training frontline workers and families
· Solid understanding on planning, budgeting and project reporting
· Good administrative, organisational and time management skills with the ability to produce results as per deadlines.
ICSICS SP absolute priority is protecting children, vulnerable communities and our own staff. We have zero tolerance of incidents of violence or abuse against children and other people in the communities we serve, either committed by our staff or others connected to our work. Successful applicants will be required to sign and adhere to our safeguarding, child protection and prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA) code of conduct and policies.
How to apply
If you are a professional with a passion to make a difference in children and young people’s lives, send your application letter and resume to email@example.com. Open until filled. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please indicate the position you are applying for as the subject of your email. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.