CARE International is an organization driven by its mission to overcome poverty and social injustice. We currently work in over 93 countries with a focus on women and girls as the most disproportionately affected by poverty, while engaging men and boys as well. CARE’s East and Central Africa Regional Office (ECARO) is responsible for the oversight of CARE’s operations in the region as well as the provision of support to Country Offices in the region. We are looking for a dynamic, innovative and resourceful person to join the Impact and Innovation team in the capacity of Project Officer on temporary basis.
CARE USA Core Values Commitment
The core values commitment describes who we are, what we do, and how we do it. It reflects our core values of TRANSFORMATION, INTEGRITY, DIVERSITY, EQUALITY, and EXCELLENCE, which serve as a foundation for all what we do. The core values commitment articulates our shared expectations of each other including our board, staff, volunteers, interns, partners and contractors globally.
The Project Officer will provide the necessary support to the Senior Leadership team members of the Impact and Innovation Department with communications, information management, planning, and onboarding.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support CARE’s innovation and digital development team, including by research and analysis around potential organizational partners, as well as innovative solutions developed outside of CARE that align with identified gaps/challenges by CARE staff
- Provide project coordination and management to the Senior Leadership team members of the Impact and Innovation Department, including developing and implementing project plans (timelines, RACI matrices), managing the Impact and Innovation Teams channel and associated files to increase usability and engagement
- Support CARE’s inclusive market-based approaches team by providing research support
- Support monthly newsletters and all-team forums, including supporting appropriate context, prep, and
- Support the onboarding of new Impact and Innovation team members
Qualifications and Experience:
- College degree with a focus on international development or similar/equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Familiarity with the Office 365 suite of tools
- Experience in formatting and editing documents
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working cross-culturally, with people in different languages, time zones, and skill sets
This job description is intended as a guide and should not be viewed as an inflexible specification as it may be varied from time to time in the light of strategic developments and following discussion with the post holder.
How to apply
If you feel that you are driven, challenged and motivated to join our organization in this particular role, can contribute to the fight against poverty, and have the necessary requirements, kindly send your application that includes a cover letter and an updated CV attached as one document to ECSA.Recruitment@care.org on or before 20thMarch 2022 with the subject title “Project Officer”.
We do require that you have the legal ability to work in Kenya and while we would like to respond to all applicants, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
CARE seeks to improve the lives of the most marginalized, particularly women and girls. Our diversity is our strength. We strongly encourage women of various backgrounds and abilities to apply.