Job Title: Project Officer – We are Able! (2 Positions)
Reporting to: Hub Manager – West Nile
Location: West Nile (Maternity Cover for Arua City and full position for Terego District)
ZOA is looking for 2 Project Officers for the We are Able! project in West Nile
– One position is for maternity cover, in Arua City, for 3 months from mid September to December (3 months)
– One position is a full position, working in Terego District, with the first contract for 5 months, renewable on an annual basis
The PO WaA – with support from the Hub Manager – is responsible for the day to day planning and implementation of project activities under the We are Able! programme in Uganda.
We are Able! aims to see People with Disabilities (PWDs) improving their right to food and land security by creating an enabling environment at grassroots level. We are Able! is a consortium of 6 partners.
Responsibilities and activities of the PO
- Facilitates and participates in meetings between people with disabilities, DPO leaders and local CSOs and development partners for the benefit of target group in the sub counties of operation;
- Work with other consortium members at District level with the aim of ensuring disability inclusion in local governance, planning and budgeting process;
- Any other duty as assigned by the supervisor in line with the project.
- Provide inputs to implementation plans and activity/monthly reports;
- Identify, document lessons learned and best practices;
- Prepare and submit well written success stories;
- Contribute to project reports or implementation plans as required by supervisor;
- Collect monitoring data according to ZOA’s systems and activities in the project;
- Actively participate in (technical) working groups and coordination meetings.
Characteristics of role
The PO WAA will be based in West Nile (Arua City and Terego District respectively) with regular field visits to selected sub counties of project implementation.
The role is 1.0 FTE (40 hrs/ week). Some flexibility on working hours may be required, e.g. for travel at weekends, or during reporting times.
Qualifications needed to apply
- Degree in Development Studies, Social Sciences, SWASA and any related fields;
- A valid motorcycle riding Permit Class A is necessary (this will be checked at interview stage, with a practical test)
Knowledge and experience
- At least 2 years of successful experience in a similar position implementing related projects;
- Experience in working with people with disabilities;
- Excellent facilitation, communication skills and writing ability;
- Proven experience working in the above context is a must;
- Having worked in a project in collaboration with a partner is an added advantage;
- Excellent spoken and written command of English;
- Knowledge of local language is an asset.
- Project Lead -EOF at Plan International
- ECHO Project Manager at Plan International
- Program Manager I – Nutrition at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
- Project Officer (Counter-Trafficking (CT) / Assistance to Vulnerable Migrants (AVM)) at International Organization for Migration
- Grants Coordinator at International Rescue Committee
Competencies – behaviour
- Commitment to ZOA’s mission, vision and values
- Flexibility and adaptability;
- Interpersonal and cross-cultural sensitivity;
- Able to work under pressures and meet deadlines;
- Able to work in a sometimes fluid and insecure environment;
- Aims to integrate and reflect Christian values in relief and rehabilitation work.
Please provide at least 3 references related to your previous employment listed in the application. References of previous positions held should not be older than five years.
Only selected candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the process of recruitment. It is our aim to inform all other candidates of their status in the recruitment process within 4 weeks after the vacancy has closed. An assessment may be part of the recruitment procedure. Documents that do not match the profile above will not be considered.
- Job City Arua Cit, Terego District