About the Firm
JaRco Consulting is an African development consulting firm based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, specializes in qualitative and quantitative research; design of monitoring and evaluation systems; and provision of training and capacity building and technical assistance and implementation support across a wide range of sectors to leading international donors and partner agencies. We are dedicated to improving evidence-based interventions and programs for the well-being of individuals and communities, with particular focus on the most vulnerable in Ethiopia and throughout Sub-Saharan Africa. For more information please visit www.jarco.info.
The intern will offer general support to the program department in the design, development, and implementation of quantitative and qualitative studies and evaluations.
Main responsibilities will include: support project reports writing, developing research instruments, providing logistical support and preparing materials for workshops, meetings, and field work activities, liaising with partners (government and key national stakeholders), supporting data analysis, and participating in field site visits where appropriate. These responsibilities will require close communication and collaboration with program staff.
Main Duties and Activities:
The intern will assist the program department in:
· Designing and finalizing quantitative/qualitative research tools (e.g. household questionnaires, interview guides);
· Writing and editing final reports;
· Preparing for and coordinating workshops, trainings, and field work activities (workshop agendas, logistical arrangements and timelines and implementation schedules)
· When appropriate, conducting field visits and participating in field work activities to support data collection, identify adjustments as needed, assess project implementation, and other activities as required;
· Preparing notes and other outputs for meetings, workshops, field work activities, et cetera; and
· Assist in literature review on selected topics.
· Master degree or higher in development studies, economics, public health, or related field;
· Knowledge of and quantitative and qualitative research methods;
· Exceptional writing and editing skills in English;
· Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and work independently as well as part of a fast-paced team;
· Fluency in written and spoken English;
· Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Power point, etc …);
· Highly motivated, flexible, self-sufficient worker, able to take on tasks with basic direction and minimal supervision; and
· Strong desire to learn about international health issues.
Desired but not required:
· Experience in project planning and implementation;
· Experience in report-writing;
· Experience living in a developing country;
· Development-related work experience in NGOs, research institutes, donor agencies, and/or consulting firms
· Experience using STATA, SAS, or other data analysis software
The Intern will be provided with a monthly stipend to cover all living expenses and one round-trip ticket from home town to Addis Ababa. JaRco will also assist with visa and work permit application.
How to apply
If you are interested and fulfill the minimum requirements, please apply by sending the following information at firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for application May 15, 2021
- Cover letter
- Academic essay: 2 pages describing how academic goals, qualifications, and career aspirations relate to the internship in international development and M&E
- 2 Letters of recommendation from professors or teachers or previous employer; if preferred, a reference can be e-mail
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Terms of Reference – Baseline Survey of ActionAid Women’s Rights Programme III in Kenya – Taita Taveta and Garissa Counties.
- RDC – Logisticien Base (H/F) – Ituri at Solidarités International
- Community Outreach Worker at HIAS Refugee Trust of Kenya
- Infection Prevention Control (IPC) Specialist at International Rescue Committee
- 4Mi Project Manager at Danish Refugee Council