Position Title: Property Officer
Reports To: Property Supervisor
Division: Immigration & Refugee Program+ (IRP+)
Department: Administration, Property
Job Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Grade Level: Grade 5, Officer, National
Introduction: Church World Service (CWS) is a not-for-profit, faith-based organization transforming communities around the globe through just and sustainable solutions to hunger, poverty, displacement and disaster. CWS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, age, disability or veteran status in employment or in the provision of services.
This position is primarily responsible for the Asset management, servicing of the assets, Transport/Fleet Management and General Office facilities maintenance. This position is under General Service Department, Property Unit and reports to the Property Supervisor
- Assists in verification of weekly inventory vs physical materials
- Confirm materials/supplies received from the vendor in conjunction with the Stores assistant.
- Review of usage of assets issued to staff and request for replenishments.
- Assist the Property supervisor in property audit/Asset management and maintenance of accurate records
- Running errands i.e. duplication of keys and other minor purchases.
- Assist in organizing for meetings in conjunction with the janitors.
- Schedule periodical servicing of assets with the Contractors.
- Tagging of assets
- Assist the Property Supervisor in supervision of the contractors.
- Prepare monthly fuel reconciliation sheet for RSC Africa official vehicles to determine top up amount for each vehicle
- Scheduling transport for RSC Africa staff and IT deliveries.
- Assist in management of RSC Africa staff phone airtime and MIFI data bundles i.e. top ups and monthly renewals.
- Inspecting property conditions and coordinating maintenance work.
- Help in resolving property related issues in a professional manner.
- To contribute to activities of other departments if necessary as directed by the property supervisor.
- To assist the Property Manager when planning for future development in line with strategic CWSRSC Africa objectives.
- Report any defective equipment, furniture or other office appliances to the property supervisor
- Assist the property supervisor to carry out building routine checks to ensure that CWS RSC Africa offices are cleaned properly by janitors.
- Be aware of and complying with safe working practices as instructed and in accordance with policies and procedures e.g. fire evacuation procedures, data protection.
- To assist the Property Manager when overseeing building projects renovations or refurbishments.
- Monitor the property mailbox, respond to requests appropriately and escalate any issues that they cannot handle.
- Performs any other duties assigned in order to improve the operations of the RSC Africa
- Four (4) year’s work experience required
- Two (2) Years’ experience in Facilities, Office, Vehicle/Transport, Stores and Asset Management.
Microsoft Office skills mainly Excel.
Education & Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, or additional four (4) years work experience in lieu of bachelor’s degree.
- Manage large and diverse workload under pressure with competing priorities.
- Maintain the integrity of official records;
- Analyze and solve complex problems and make sound decisions;
- Work with minimal supervision
- Maintain a high performance standard with attention to detail;
- Work independently and contribute to overall operations of RSC Africa;
- Actively participate in the implementation of the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP).
- Strong English communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment required.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion and willingness to support CWS’ Platform on Racial Justice as a CWS employee required.
- COVID Vaccination is strongly recommended for all successful candidates
- The candidate should be of good health, willing and able to travel extensively in often difficult conditions, and have a high degree of flexibility. Must have proof of Yellow Fever vaccination before traveling for RSC Africa.
- This position is based in Nairobi, Kenya
- This position requires use of laptops at all time, competence in Microsoft office packages is required.
- This position may require travel in sub-Saharan Africa on short notice and under sometimes difficult conditions to meet demands of a dynamic operational program
- Background check which includes references and an educational and criminal check is required before the start of employment for International applicants.
- A valid passport and the ability to maintain a valid passport throughout the entire appointment is required, which includes having enough passport pages for travel.
- Physical: This position requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, kneeling, sitting, standing, walking, pushing/pulling, handling objects (manual dexterity), reaching above shoulder level, using fine finger movements and lifting/carrying heavy loads.
- Environmental: Incumbents in this position will be exposed to excessive noise, marked changes in temperature and/or humidity, dust and infectious diseases, harsh weather climates, long work hours, bumpy roads, extended travel, excessive sun exposure, and non-ventilated spaces.
- Full time
- All employees should be prepared to work from the CWS office within their location of hire. Remote work arrangements may vary depending on location and the governing rulings regarding the COVID-19 pandemic
- Flexibility and willingness to work long hours, including working on Weekends as needed.
How to apply
Log on to CWS careers site – https://cwsglobal.org/work-with-cws/
- Information Security Manager at Church World Service
- Tender Notice for Consultants for Financial Statement templates at MSF – Holland
- Market Systems Development Lead at DevWorks International
- Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Specialist at Creative Associates International
- Finance Officer – Nigeria IHP at Palladium Group