ABOUT THE ROLE
The Protection and Security Advisor will support security, safety and protection services for the office and team in Nigeria. Including security monitoring, evaluation of missions, knowledge management, staff and case management, risk analysis and risk management. To coordinate and produce periodic reports on the security situation in the country
The suitable candidates must have an extensive experience of security analysis and security management in Africa especially in Nigeria; knowledge of case management, physical and digital security risks, information security risks, risk analysis, and the ability to advise on potential mitigation measures; strong understanding of an organization’s duty of care requirements and how this will integrate with other good security practices, health and safety legislation and organizational needs in the local context.
Amnesty International is a global movement with the aim to end human rights abuses. Independent, international, and influential; we campaign for justice, fairness, freedom and truth wherever they’re denied. Amnesty International Nigeria is a national entity that is part of the global and we campaign for meaningful human rights change to build a culture of respect for human rights in Nigeria.
- Advise on all safety, protection and security related issues in Nigeria.
- Reviewing the organisation’s existing security policies and procedures
- Providing operational advice and support as required to managers and staff on the preparation and execution of high-risk travel, including direct security support during deployments in high-risk areas.
- Identifying and scoring the prevalent security threats including terrorism, workplace violence, civil unrest, cyberattack, armed conflict, organized and violent crime, and political violence.
- In collaboration with the Director, designing and implementing fit-for-purpose, practical security plans and reviewing them on a regular basis.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline or professional training in Security Management or a related field, or comparable work experience/certification with at least 5 years’ work experience. Non-profit/NGO sector experience is desirable
- Excellent attention to detail and experience of drafting and reviewing security policies, procedures and plans, designing and implementing protection and safety support programmes.
- Ability to analyse complex sets of information and reveal trends
- Strong interpersonal skills, a helpful and personable attitude
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and decision-making skills
Please note that this role is based in Nigeria. Only those legally authorized to work in Nigeria are advised to apply for this job.
There will be a 3-month probation period for all postholders.
For detailed information about the role, please see the JDs below.
Freedom, Justice, Equality. Let’s get to work.
N.B. We reserve the right to close a vacancy before the closing date in the event of an overwhelming response or a change in business priorities
How to apply