Grow Strong Foundation (GSF) is a Non-Profit Organization Established in 2017 and incorporated in 2018 with registration number RC 106092. We believe in promoting and protecting the welfare of vulnerable people from all forms of social, Economic and emotional discrimination through Peace Building, Education, Protection, health care, advocacy and sensitization and awareness Programs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Protection Coordinator
Locations: Borno, Adamawa and Yobe (BAY) States
Reports to: Program Manager
Responsible for: Officers
- This position is responsible for partnership, assessment, response analysis, design, implementation, and reporting of the child protection components of the organisation Strategic Goal.
- S/he will need to co-ordinate with other Emergency Response team members and GSF staff, especially education and other relevant technical sectors, to ensure a rapid, proportionate, and effective response.
- S/he will need to ensure response to immediate child protection issues with simultaneous consideration of longer-term needs and possible scenarios in the IDP camps and host Communities.
- Depending on the situation the manager may need to take a very active role in technical co-ordination, support and advocacy with the child protection Sub Sector and other stakeholders and technical agencies relevant to the sector.
- Manage and monitor Program coordination and implementation.
- Support Project officers to understand the GSF and Partners Child projection Project Goal and how to link it to the activities.
- Ensure that all project initiatives and interventions developed are directly derived from and linked to specific thematic areas and objectives as outlined in the Project Plan Document.
- Working with the Program Manager and MEAL Manager ensure that all projects have clear and functional procedures and systems for learning, knowledge development, impact assessment, and human resource management.
- Maintain Partnership Relations, Implement program and build Networking.
- Identify partnerships and advise the Program Manger on the type of partnerships to pursue their long-term benefits to GSF.
- Identify and maintain relations with relevant local and global networks that can advance GSF’s visibility, positioning, and relevance in humanitarian work.
- Participate in partnership discussions, ensuring that GSF’s’ niche and contribution is always felt and is significant in the Child protection sub sector working
- Support Project officers to develop meaningful engagement and partnerships for Child Protection service delivery across sectors as well developing referral pathways and responding to emergency situations.
- Act as the main contact within the organization for the safe guiding and protection of children.
- Ensure all persons working with children at the Organization are fully aware of their responsibilities and are adequately trained and qualified for the role they are fulfilling.
- Be the first point of contact for coaches, helpers, parents and members on any issues concerning the wellbeing of children in the Organization.
- Establish and maintain a Disciplinary and Complaints procedure and Child Protection Policy.
- Attend appropriate training courses including ‘In Safe Hands’ and ‘Safeguarding and Protecting Children and be familiar with current child protection legislation.
- In the event of a complaint being made ensure that the complaints procedures are met and see the procedures through to the final decision.
- Act as adviser, when required, to the Program Manager on matters of policy and procedures related to child protection.
- Maintain confidential records and ensure information is only held on an individual whilst the person continues to carry out their regulated work role within the Organization. Ensure all documents are correctly recorded and reported in accordance with the GSF policy and procedures.
- Facilitate all trainings and Mentoring especially on CPMS, PSEA and Child safeguarding to all staff, Vendors, Volunteer and consultants
- Maintain documentation and M&E systems at the community/state office level: under the guidance of MEAL Manager, work with the project to ensure that all documents for children and families are kept up-to-date, accurate, and secure; and ensure that information is compiled as needed in an accurate and timely basis to assess progress against activities and outcomes for each community.
- Participate in CP sub sector Coordination Meeting and any other CP coordination meetings as requested. Coordinate with the sub–CP Sector in order to assure that adequate and children centered solutions are taken in consideration in the strategic planning of activities Must adhere to the child safeguarding and protection policies and reporting standards. Write and submit Monthly activity reports.
- Other ad hoc tasks as requested by Line Manager
- Assist in Governance and Organization Development.
- Provide mentorship and capacities building to Project officers to enable them to acquire essential competencies in project management.
- Work with the program Manager on issues of strategic growth, organizational development, and institutional strengthening.
- Ensure that all Child protection projects are receiving adequate professional support from partners.
- Add value to project management systems and service delivery structures.
- Participate in the recruitment processes in line with organization requirements and contribute to the development and execution of a plan for acquiring and developing key talent.
- Participate in Child Protection staff selection and interviews.
- Determine staff gaps and conduct manpower planning within the child protection unit; and initiate the recruitment process.
- Lead the development of staff induction in the program for new staff directorate, and conduct parts of the programme.
- Set performance and probation targets for new staff.
- Guide appraisal of staff under probation and approve their confirmation, extension of probation period or non-confirmation.
- Have a clear and up to date understanding of the environment in which GSF programs are contextualized.
- Regularly advise the program Coordinator on any imminent and foreseeable developments (political, social, competition, policy) in the operational environment and their impact on operations.
- Work with the Finance and Administration officers to ensure that all management systems are sensitive and responsive to change; can anticipate risk and manage change effectively. Support the Program Coordinator to organize BOD meetings, taking notes, managing schedules and committee business.
Key Performance Indicator
- Project idealization and implementation target reach
- High quality Report writing
- Project monitoring and evaluation
- Action research and application of research findings for Child protection program development.
- Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following fields: Social Sciences, Social Work, Psychology; Development Studies or a related
- At least four years consistent and demonstrable experience managing a portfolio of multiple projects in at least three of the following program areas: child protection/ psychosocial, mental health, Gender Base Violence, Education or any related program area.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strategic analysis skills
- Team building
- People management skills
- Decision making skills.
Negotiable, based on experience.
Application Closing Date
22nd October, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the e-mail.