About the Job
The Protection Interpreter supports in oral interpretation and with written translations to and from Somali / English and contributes to the achievement of protection objectives by the department.
This is a grade B2 resident/National position based in Nairobi.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Supports in oral interpretation from Somali to English, and English to Somali during confidential interviews in places of detention and prisons, ICRC disseminations and activities related to the restoration of family links, and protection of the civilian population**
· Supports the department in gathering, analysing and processing key protection-related information from public sources**
· Translates correspondence, newspapers articles and other essential documents from Somali to English and vice versa**
· Assists in the preparation of dissemination material adapted to the Somali context**
Minimum qualifications and required competencies
· Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences or Linguistics
· 4 years’ experience in a similar field in a Humanitarian organization
· Knowledge of International Humanitarian Law (IHL)/ International Human Rights Law (IHRL) is an asset
· Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
· High level of confidentiality and discretion
· Fluency in written and spoken English and Somali language
· Proficiency in MS Office suite
· A challenging job opportunity within a dynamic work environment in an international humanitarian organization
· Training and development opportunities
· A competitive salary with benefits, based on the ICRC Compensation and Benefits framework
How to apply
Apply by sending your cover letter and CV addressed to the Human Resources Manager, ICRC Somalia Delegation, on the email address firstname.lastname@example.org. Your cover letter must indicate your current salary and your expected salary range. The closing date is 9th December 2021. Clearly indicate the position title Protection Interpreter Nairobi in the subject line of your email message. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
NOTE THAT ONLY EMAILED APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Any enquiries about the position should be addressed to *email@example.com.***
Click on the link for information on data protection: Personal data protection information**