The Center for Community and Health Development International is a non-discriminatory, non-governmental organization with a mandate to improve the health and quality of life of Nigeria’s rural children and women. CHAD was establish in 2002 by a group of women from different religious and ethnic background in Gombe state, North East Nigeria. We make available information on sexual reproductive Health/ Family planning for improved quality of life.
Location: Borno state (Damboa, Bama, Dikwa, Gowza, Konduga, Ngala, MMC, Jere, Pulka host communities and IDP camp)
Project type: Contract
Duration: 12 Months with possible extension
- Reporting to the Child Protection Manager and the main purpose of this position is to carry out an array of age and gender appropriate psychosocial support activities for the most vulnerable and at-risk children, adolescents and caregivers with respect to their culture and contextual sensitivities.
- The activities will be well-integrated into North-eastern Nigerian protection system and humanitarian coordination practices and guidelines.
- The activities will be carried out in Borno state (Damboa, Bama, Dikwa, Gowza, Konduga, Ngala, MMC, Jere, Pulka host communities and IDP camp) according to the evolving needs of the project.
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Psychosocial Support:
- Conduct specific child-focused activities for psychosocial well-being and building resilience of most vulnerable and at-risk children and adolescents by ensuring a variety of activities that include active games, sports, expressive/creative activities, life skills, educational activities.
- Mobilize adolescent boys and girls to launch empowering activities that suit their interest, promote their psychosocial well-being and create an opportunity for their direct social engagement at community level.
- Conduct emotional group support sessions for caregivers.
- Conduct awareness sessions on child protection issues and issues affecting the protection and well-being of children.
- Provide basic counselling sessions to support children and their caregivers to better cope with difficulties, distress and enhance their resilience.
- Identify vulnerable children and adults in Damboa, Bama, Dikwa, Gowza, Konduga, Ngala, MMC, Jere, Pulka host communities and IDP camp in need of protection or support and conduct referral to the case management team.
- Establish and maintain positive and efficient relations with target beneficiaries, community members, humanitarian actors and all the other key stakeholders.
- Ensure availability of the PSS materials and safe storage and maintenance of the PSS materials.
- Prepare weekly activity schedule, keep record of newly registered beneficiaries, fill beneficiaries daily’s attendance lists and other reports as required by the line manager and ensure accuracy and timely submission.
- Under the guidance of the Team Leader, conduct participatory monitoring activities to collect beneficiaries feedback and opinions on the quality and satisfaction of activities.
- Provide supervision, mentorship and guidance to PSS/ child protection volunteers.
- Perform any other job-related duties as requested by the line manager.
Similar Vacancies, Ngo jobs in Africa now
Confederation of African Football (CAF) Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
Administrative Assistant at the U.S. Consulate General
Medecins du Monde (MdM) Job Recruitment (4 Positions)
Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) Job Recruitment (4 Positions)
Plan International Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
Population Services International (PSI) Job Recruitment (7 Positions)
Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) Job Recruitment (4 Positions)
African Youth for Peace Development and Empowerment Foundation (AFRYDEV) Job Recruitment (5 Positions)
- Promote inclusion and equal access for every child, paying particular attention to the most vulnerable and at-risk children.
- Identify potential cases of children victims and/or at heightened risk of violence, abuse, exploitation and neglect and any other child protection concern or threat and report to the Case Worker.
- Maintain strict confidentiality regarding information and data of beneficiaries at all times.
- Ensure CHAD Int`l Child Safeguarding Policy and Child Protection Minimum Standards are mainstreamed through all the programmatic activities.
- Report serious cases of abuse committed against children to the Child Protection Project Manager. Strict confidentiality must be respected.
Coordination & Representation:
- Coordinates with other CHAD Int`l sectors to ensure implementation of standardized activities and with other departments (programme and support) of CHAD Int`l as necessary
- Represent CHAD Int`l project in fora and meetings held at site level in her/his field of expertise.
- Fully comply with CHAD Int`l Code of Conduct and ensure Child Safeguarding Policy is upheld at all times.
- Ensure adherence to CHAD Int`l standards and quality requirements in all the project activities.
- Adhere to and ensure the team under her/his responsibility follows CHAD Int`l administrative and logistical regulations and procedures
- Language Skills: Fluent in local languages (Hausa and Kanuri) and in English (speaking/reading/writing).
- Education Degree: University degree in social work, social studies, psychology, education or any other related discipline.
- Work experience: Minimum 3 year experience in the field of child protection / protection/SGBV/ PSS.
- Knowledge & skills: Excellent analytical and writing skills, creative thinking.
- Computer skills: Good knowledge of the MS office software.
- Other: Knowledge of protection systems in Northeastern Nigeria/ Excellent knowledge of protection issues and best practices / Previous experience in drafting PSS activity plans and structured plans of recreational activities is highly desirable / Previous experience in working with youth target groups is of a benefit.
- Acquaintance with NGO’ rules, procedures and regulations; Acquaintance with the Child Protection Minimum Standard
Method of Application
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply. Submit no more than 3-page CV and cover letter in one document, addressing the position requirements to Human Resource Officer and submit to email@example.com. Application is strictly on the email provided. Only shortlisted applicant will be contacted. CHAD Intl is an equal opportunity employer. CHAD considers all applicants on the basis of merit without prejudice to sex, disability, religion, tribe among others.
Note: All employees of CHAD Int’l will to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable
You might Also Like
Programme Policy Officer (School Feeding) CST-I (Mogadishu & Garowe) at World Food Programme
Deputy Nutrition Cluster Coordinator, Consultant (Level II), Mogadishu at World Food Programme
Programme Policy Officer AAP (Accountability to Affected Populations) CST-II, Mogadishu at World Food Programme
Programme Policy Officer (Joint Resilience Programme Coordinator) CST-II, Mogadishu at World Food Programme
Programme Policy Officer (Social Protection) CST-II, Mogadishu at World Food Programme
Programme Policy Officer (Food Systems) CST-II, Mogadishu at World Food Programme
Programme Policy Officer (Partnership) – NOA at World Food Programme
Communications Officer at Mercy Corps
Subaward & Compliance Officer at Mercy Corps