The Public Health Expert will support the organization in reviewing the design and implementation of programs for the achievement of impact. This includes assessment of the effectiveness of the program implementation to deliver effective public health outcomes, quality of health services provided to intended beneficiaries, availability, accuracy and completeness of data and its use for decision making and the performance of the organization’s grants on key health-related indicators in line with the targets in the Performance Framework.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review the draft audit programs to provide feedback on the public health aspects of the audit.
- Interview with relevant staff of the implementers and in-country stakeholders.
- Collection and analysis of relevant documents and information.
- In-country fieldwork at the central level and selected program sites.
- Prepare working papers and summaries of observations for each work team.
- Prepare for fact-checking and debriefs with in-country stakeholders.
- Hold debriefing meetings with the grant recipients and other stakeholders in the country.
- Provide inputs for debriefing presentation for in-country exit meeting at the end of the assignment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Advanced university degree in medicine, public health, health system management, epidemiology, or related field.
- At least 12 years of professional experience (international or national) working in planning, management, and Monitoring & Evaluation of programs in the health sector, including in developing countries; preferably including at least two years gained in the review or audit of health-related grant programs in the non-profit/public sector in developing countries.
- Experience in assessing risks and existing controls to mitigate those risks.
- Preference would be given to experts with expertise in HIV, Tuberculosis and Malaria.
- Demonstrated sound knowledge and expertise in assessing the design and effectiveness of public health interventions.
- Ability to apply sound knowledge of M&E, public health, and disease program management.
- Ability to coach and guide other public health and M&E specialists.
- Ability to manage and work in a team setting.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Report-writing skills in English.
- Proficiency in MS Office programs.
- Ability to demonstrate accountability and integrity.
- Ability to show tactfulness, consideration, and respect for others.
- Ability to display cultural sensitivity, and adaptability in interaction with people of different backgrounds.
- Irreproachable behaviour is a must.
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV, Certificates, daily rates in USD and proof of previous work related to the position (e.g. final project reports, reference letters and completion certificates) to: email@example.com with Public Health Expert (Burundi) as the subject.
Note: Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on grounds of race, colour, sex, origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
- ICGLR Liaison Officer – Re publication at Danish Refugee Council
- Délégué.e Santé – Bujumbura – Burundi at Croix-Rouge Française
- Operational Information Management & Performance Reporting Officer at World Food Programme
- Emergency Preparedness and Response Officer P3 – Conflict Sensitivity at World Food Programme
- Senior Information Security Officer at Church World Service