Tasks and Duties: Public Health Researcher
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative public health research including literature review, research design, tool design, analysis and discussion, generation of recommendations and report write-up;
- Conduct monitoring and evaluation studies;
- Serve as project lead on public health studies;
- Assist in the coordination of field team;
- Lead training on new projects and research tools with field teams;
- Conduct field research in the form of FGDs, KIIs, case studies, observations, and surveys;
- Assist in business development including conceptualization of new research studies, proposal writing, and strategic planning;
- Organize project files, data, and documents;
- Attend meetings with project partners;
- Strengthen team dynamics;
- Provide research mentorship for the junior researchers;
- Develop articles for publication;
- Undertake continuing professional development and participate in national and international workshops;
- Establish collaborative links with international professional organizations.
- Other tasks as assigned by the CEO.
● PhD degree or Master’s degree in public health;
● At least 7 years of working experience in public health research;
● At least 3 years of working experience in qualitative public health research is a must;
● Expertise in any of the following is advantageous: Immunization and Vaccines, Serological studies, Health Policy, Health Education or Community Health.
● Demonstrated knowledge of and experience working in Eastern Mediterranean, Eastern European, MENA, or Central Asian countries is a must;
● Experience working with government ministries, international donor agencies, and INGOs is a must;
● Excellent verbal, written, analytical, and organizational skills;
● Collaborative and constructive team member;
● Ability to meet tight deadlines, multitask, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and work in a fast-paced environment;
● Strong presentation and training skills;
● Proficiency in Microsoft office;
● Knowledge of qualitative analysis software is a must ;
● Examples of published research is a plus;
● Fluency in written and oral English. Other languages pertinent to CRD’s regional areas of operation are an advantage.
How to apply
To apply, send your CV (including links to publications) and letter of motivation explaining what you can contribute to CRD to email@example.com.