‘‘A dedicated QA Officer with excellent experience in grant management quality standards and donor compliance”
This is a part-time role of 24 hours per week.
War Child is providing emergency support to children affected by the war in Ukraine. War Child’s Humanitarian Response (aka as ‘Fast Aid’) is an initiative that aims to reach more children quickly in ‘real’ time humanitarian settings, when their lives are torn apart and when they need our support most. Working through partnerships, innovation and technology, Fast Aid is a catalyst to transform War Child’s collective capability to be a quick, effective and principled humanitarian agency.
You are a dedicated QA Officer with excellent experience in grant management quality standards and donor compliance.
You will provide overall support to Programme Partnership and Grants (2PG+), Global Programs, R&D, and Ukraine Emergency Response team in maintaining the organisation-wide adherence and capacity to meeting internal and external grant management quality standards, donor guidelines and related compliance matters. You will support in developing and rolling out the Quality Assurance Framework (policies, guidance documents, training material, systems and processes etc.) and monitoring internal and external compliance, including data quality.
Contribute to and monitor grants data processes and compliance with internal control systems and external grant management quality standards and donor guidelines
· Monitor the compliance and quality of the data stored in Rafiki and pro-actively support Country Offices (CO) and Global Teams with entering records in the system and support the Data Analyst with the publications in International Aid Transparency Initiative (IATI). Responsible for communicating grant activations
· Support the Team Lead with the coordination and tracking of Bid Committee requests
· Assist country teams with data analysis needs when related to compliance with donor requirements and guidelines and internal policies, procedures and regulations (e.g. performance dashboards and reports using Rafiki) in collaboration with the Data Analyst
Contribute to the Quality Assurance Framework
· Support and contribute to the review, development and roll-out of the quality assurance framework, including its policies, processes, and guidelines to enhance adherence to internal and external requirements
· Assist country and regional teams in tracking grant documents and project data to ensure WCH’s donor requirements are met
· Support country teams with partner due diligence
· Support the Finance Team and the Team Lead with filling and storing of contracts for audits
· Provide advice to the organisation on WCH’s institutional donor compliance requirements and procedures
· Prepare documentation on compliance topics, organise, select and edits material
· Support with the reviews of donor contracts to ensure they meet internal and external donor requirements
· Support CO in partner assessments, vetting and approval procedure of partners has been followed
· Act as focal point (with admin rights) for FinScan and support COs/ROs and Global Programmes in screening partners and donors
Support team learning & development
· Contribute to review of the department’s working processes and propose learning solutions
· Contribute to the development of learning paths related to 2PG and contribute to the identification of learning needs in collaboration with Project Coordinator
· Contribute to the development of 2PG Learning Map in collaboration with Project Coordinator
· Provide consistent and efficient support to country teams in navigating and using the internal management systems on compliance-related topics
· Provide trainings on Rafiki and pro-actively promote the usage of the system
· Facilitate 2PG learning sessions and support the Team Lead in Webinars and the roll-out of policies and procedures
· Educational background in International Development Studies, Social Science, Public Administration or International Business, related fields, or similar working experience.
· 2 years of work experience in Compliance with International Donor requirements, grant management, project management, Quality Control, Learning & Development, project budgeting, and /or Statistics are an advantage.
· Experience with institutional donors such as EC, The Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs, UNHCR or UNICEF is valued.
· Able to analyze and work with large sets of data (Intermediate or Advanced Excel user and other databases).
· Good analytical skills, precision, and eye for detail.
· Excellent planning and organizational skills, flexible pro-active approach to problem solving and results oriented.
· Cultural and organisational sensitivity.
· Keen team player, customer orientated, enthusiastic, and creative.
· Willing and able to travel to WCH programming areas.
· Advanced English skills (verbal and in writing). Fluency in Ukrainian, Romanian, or Russian is desirable.
· Affinity with War Child’s mandate, mission, and core values (Impact, Creativity, Inspiration and Integrity).
Depending on the duty station, local contract with salary and secondary labour conditions based on the country’s salary scale and T&C will apply.
Location: any of the countries where War Child Holland has its offices, dependent on local capacity. The successful candidate needs to be eligible to work in that country. Preference will be given to local candidates.
Contract: War Child typically offers an initial contract of up to 1 year with the intention to prolong after that. This is a part-time role of 24 hours per week
War Child is a dynamic organization. We keep an informal ambiance within our office and in our remote work, with lots of room for creativity, inspiration and self-initiative from employees. We practice what we preach: dynamic, innovative, integrity focused, with a drive to reach the highest possible results against the lowest possible costs. War Child offers a challenging job in an inspiring work environment.
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply before 29 April 2022. Make sure to upload your English CV (maximum of two pages) and cover letter by using the following hyperlink:
N.B. War Child will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis and reserves the right to close the vacancy if a successful candidate is identified prior to the deadline.
Please mention where you found this vacancy.
Is this not your dream job? Support War Child by sharing this job with your network!
By submitting your application you certify that all of the statements made in your application are true, complete, and correct and are made in good faith. You understand that falsifying, misrepresenting or intentionally withholding information will be grounds for rejection of your application or withdrawal of any offer of appointment or, if an appointment offer has been accepted, this will be ground for employment sanctions, such as, but not limited to, instant dismissal. In addition, you understand that you need to submit a Criminal Record Certificate and that, if you fail to submit it, no employment relationship can be established.
War Child is an international organisation, and we are committed to be a diverse and inclusive employer, placing human and child rights at the centre of our existence and work. We hire our new colleagues based on their talents, competences and shared values; we do not distinguish them based on their age, gender and gender identity, race, color, ethnicity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, disability etc.
The safety of children and youth is a paramount and essential to War Child’s work. War Child has a zero tolerance policy towards any form of abuse. To prevent placing children and youth at any risk this subject is addressed in our recruitment and selection procedures. Moreover, the accepted candidates will be required to state their commitment/ intent to be aware, consider and adhere to the minimum standards applicable in
development and humanitarian settings, such as humanitarian values and principles, Sphere Humanitarian Charter, Standards in the Humanitarian Standards Partnership, Core Humanitarian Standard, International Humanitarian Law, Code of Conduct for the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) in Disaster Relief and IASC Six Core Principles Relating to Sexual Exploitation and Abuse.
• Only applications received via our website are processed.
• If we appoint a suitable candidate before the given closing date, we reserve the right to remove the vacancy from our website before that date. In such a case, any responses received after that time are not processed.
• It could be that during our selection process the closing date for the vacancy is extended. If so, and you have not yet heard from us, your application will remain active.