The Excellence Community Education Welfare Scheme (ECEWS) is a leading and reputable indigenous non-for profit organization that promotes access to qualitative healthcare, education and economic strengthening opportunities for all Nigerians. With its headquarters in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State and a corporate office in Abuja, ECEWS has presence in 17 States across the South-South, South East, South West and North Central Nigeria with a strong client portfolio with the United States Agency for International
Development (USAID), Global Fund to fight against AIDS, TB and Malaria, United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (US CDC), The United Nations office of Projects, World Bank & Federal Government of Nigeria. Since its founding in 2001, ECEWS has built a vast network of health and allied professional staff, partners and collaborators which has earned her a solid reputation among its funders and is well regarded by competitors and partners alike
The Accelerating Control for HIV Epidemic Project (ACE) funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), is a 5 Year funded project implemented in Akwa Ibom & Cross River States. Implementation is targeted at achieving epidemic control thereby reducing transmission and improving the quality of life of those living with HIV.
- Job Title
Quality Improvement/ Assurance (QA/QI) Specialist
Level of Effort
Full Time (8.00am to 5.00pm Mondays – Friday) 100%
Job Location Cross River Number of Persons Required Two (2)
This position reports to the Associate Director – Strategic Information
- Support the Senior Technical Officer QA/QI in the implementation of Quality Improvement/Assurance initiatives in response to the Cross River state.
- Work with various multidisciplinary teams along the HIV continuum of care in facility and community settings within LGAs using QI methodology, tools and techniques to ensure continuous improvement in the Quality of care (QoC) provided to clients accessing comprehensive HIV prevention, care and treatment/integrated TB-HIV services on the ACE project within the LGAs.
- Support in the development and utilization of QI tools in a multidisciplinary team approach that will facilitate quality improvement assessments for facility and community services provided on the ACE project in Cross River state for the integrated HIV and TB surge efforts, prioritize the implementation of practical, sustainable supportive supervision, capacity building and other relevant quality improvement and support facility and community teams within LGAs in the planning, design and implementation of specific QI projects and monitoring of its effects on process, outcome and possible impact variables.
- MB.BS / MD / PHD or similar degree
- Possession of an MPH or post graduate degree in a related field is required.
- 1 to 3 years relevant experience in clinical care with a sound understanding of HIV/AIDS and providing integrated HIV/AIDS services to diverse patients in a large program-linked facility or very busy clinical practice with provision of PMTCT and anti-retroviral therapy (ART) including TB in resource constrained settings.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health systems and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
- A good understanding of PEPFAR/USAID program and national HIV epidemic control implementation strategies
- Computer literate and competent in the use of ICT resources Familiarity with CDC/USAID and PEPFAR programs is required.
- High data management, analysis and reporting skills
- Completed training in Quality Improvement models and participated in quality improvement projects for clinical interventions.
- Report writing and oral/written communication skills.
- Computer literacy/skills in usage of personal productivity tools (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Internet browsing, emailing, etc.)
- Ability to meet deadlines, be self-motivated and function optimally with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated creativity and innovativeness in adapting to challenging work environments.
- Constructive and productive team player with good communication skills.
- Ready to travel frequently to undertake field visits, accompany field teams and possess the ability to communicate well in diverse cultural settings.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Typical office environment
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time
Technology to be used:
- Computer, Microsoft Office 365 (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail), database (DHIS, LAMIS), office telephone, cell phone and printer/copier.
30% to 50%
This vacancy will close on the 2nd of June, 2022
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed resume and a one-page cover letter as one (1) MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to Human Resources Unit through this email address: email@example.com
APPLICATION MUST EXPLICITLY STATE YOUR FULL NAMES, THE POSITION OF INTEREST WITH PREFERED LOCATION as the subject of the email.
Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers.
Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply. ECEWS has a competitive compensation package and is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) ECEWS does not charge candidates a fee for a test or interview.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.