Westminster Foundation for Democracy (WFD) is seeking a Regional Director for Africa to shape and develop our work in sub-Saharan Africa.
LOCATION: UK-based with the option for remote working. Occasional overseas travel to support programme implementation and team development and to strengthen strategic relationships is required with this position. Occasional travel within the UK also may be required.
Benefits: Civil Service pension- defined benefit: Generous employer contribution up to 27.9%. 25 days paid annual leave and 8 public holidays.
Contract details: Permanent. Full time.
Regional Director Africa – £60,705 – 69,784
As our new Regional Director for Africa you will guide and inspire a brilliant and diverse team based in London and regionally, represent WFD at high profile events, promote and raise awareness of regional activities, building strong relationships through collaboration with stakeholders, including Embassies, the UK Political Party Offices and others.
You will be attracted by the prospect of shaping and developing our work in the region and will have responsibility for: overall leadership and strategic direction including programme design and delivery; financial management; business development; risk and crisis management; reporting, monitoring and evaluation, and donor compliance; political context analysis; and relationship management.
We are looking for the following;
· Substantial experience in a similar role
· Solid evidence of delivery of high profile parliamentary/political change programmes in an international landscape.
· Passion about the region, in-depth knowledge of the political environment and institutions in the region combined with an understanding of the challenges of democratic reform.
· Strategic skills incorporating business development, networking and relationship building
· Exceptional programme management experience – full cycle from design, reporting to evaluation.
· Proven experience overseeing financial accountabilities and budgets of scale and complexity.
· Significant leadership skills and experience to inspire and develop teams.
The Westminster Foundation for Democracy (WFD) is the UK’s leading democracy support organisation, working in partnership with parliaments, political parties and civil society organisations around the world to create more inclusive, accountable and transparent democratic systems
How to apply
To Apply by 6th February 2022, visit our website Careers | Westminster Foundation for Democracy (wfd.org)