The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of two years. There are good prospects for an extension. Employment location can be in any project country in which Welthungerhilfe is currently operating, including our locations in Bonn and Berlin.
As Regional Finance Manager, you will be responsible for providing functional leadership to finance staff in Welthungerhilfe’s programme countries. You will continuously work on the further development of financial administrative processes and monitor measures in order to identify risks and need for improvement and to be able to initiate appropriate countermeasures at an early stage.
- Providing technical leadership to finance staff in programme countries, including staff seconded from the Program Finance Operations team
- Monitoring the quality of finance administration in programmes countries through result-critical KPI
- Developing and initiating concrete actions to improve finance administration in coordination with the Head of Finance/Country Office, including the identification of training needs
- Ensuring efficient and effective structures and processes (functional reviews) to proactively address potential risks or minimize existing ones
- Initiating/further developing company-wide digitalization in close coordination with the IT department and other relevant Welthungerhilfe units
- Participating in Finance key staff job interviews including decision-making processes
- Accompanying internal and external audits including evaluation of audit reports in close coordination with the Head of Finance/Country offices
- Regular exchange with the Country Director, Head of Finance/Country Office and, if applicable, Regional Director on the status of financial administration in the countries
- A university or polytechnic degree in finance or a related field
- At least 3-5 years of professional and management experience in relevant work environments
- Regional work experience in finance in Welthungerhilfe project countries is desirable
- Ability to make and advocate decisions – taking into account the framework of the cooperation partners
- Intercultural sensitivity and excellent communication skills to cope in a multinational work environment
- Coordination and organizational skills, taking into account higher-level objectives
- Excellent English and French language skills, both written and spoken
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. This includes flexible working hours as well as working from home. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under “Our benefits”.
*Welthungerhilfe values diversity and ensures an inclusive, non-discriminatory working environment. We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.
How to apply
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by May 5, 2021 by following this link. https://career5.successfactors.eu/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=6466&company=WelthungerP Your contact person is Bellona Drubig. Welthungerhilfe is committed to fighting terrorism in all its activities. Accordingly, any applicant who is offered employment will be screened against lists of known and suspected terrorists.