TITLE: Regional Fraud Lead – West & Central Africa Regional Office
TEAM/PROGRAMME: Global Fraud Team
Dakar, Senegal or any other CO in the region where SCI has presence
GRADE: INT 3
Level 3: the post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
The role is anchored in the fraud strategy, working as part of a Global Fraud team to support SCI’s Senior Leadership Team, Trustees and SC Members in discharging their responsibilities in promoting and embedding a zero-tolerance policy towards fraud, bribery and corruption.
The individual will work closely with the Global Counter Fraud Director to ensure the continued development and embedding of an efficient and effective counter fraud framework and culture in the region.
In the event of a significant or major event, the post-holder maybe expected to work outside the normal job description and be able to vary working hours accordingly. The post-holder may be required to get involved in special projects within the fraud function as appropriate.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Global Counter Fraud Director, working closely with the Regional Director, Deputy Regional Director Program Operations and Regional Finance Director.
Staff reporting to this post: Counter Fraud Analyst
Role Dimensions: Stakeholders include members together with country, regional and centre staff and senior leadership teams. Close working will be required with Finance, Legal, Program Operations and Global Assurance.
Although based in the Save the Children West and Central Africa Regional Office, like the other Regional Fraud Leads in Save the Children, the post holder may be expected to provide cross support to other team members and regions.
Management and support of fraud investigations
- Depending on the level of response required, act as lead investigator or coordinate the creation and supervision of investigative teams on specific fraud investigations where required
- Provide advice and support to senior managers overseeing fraud investigations (at country or region), including guidance on appropriate level of response
- Liaise with members on specific cases ensuring they are kept informed of case progression as necessary
- Input to investigation templates, identify and design best practice guidance as appropriate
- Key regional user and coordinator of the data in the SCI case management system
Support/enable the embedding of an effective fraud management culture within the organization
- Deliver fraud-awareness trainings to enable decision makers and key front-line staff to understand their accountabilities and responsibilities with respect to fraud prevention, detection and reporting.
Other specific projects
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree / formal qualification in a relevant field; (Master’s degree desirable)
- Has relevant experience (audit/risk/investigatory) applicable to the role with knowledge of common analytical tools.
- Substantial experience in forensic investigation with thorough knowledge and/or experience in audit.
- demonstrable understanding of the importance of counter fraud activities and mechanisms for reducing fraud
- awareness of global standards and legislation around fraud and corruption
- excellent investigative ability with proven track record
- aware of current best practices in investigation techniques
- analytical skills
- good oral and written communication skills including report writing
- able to offer practical solutions to management to help resolve incidents including in crisis situations
- perseverance, resilience and tenacity
- Good English and French language required
- ability to work with minimum supervision
- Good team player
- CFE or equivalent formal investigation qualification
- knowledge of regional law and regulatory environments
- understanding of the role and approaches of the international development sector
- experience of crime/loss prevention
- previous experience of delivering training sessions / workshops
- Job City Dakar