About the role: The successful candidate, under the direction of the Grants and Contracts Unit Head, will manage SSA and part of Asia Regional Grants and Contracts portfolio (donor and subgrantee/partner portfolio) including awards funded by CGIAR Initiatives, ensuring compliance of projects in accordance with donor, CIP and CGIAR guidelines, procedures and requirements in the post award phase of the project life cycle. Also, she/he will build capacity of CIP regional and field staff – including close coordination with other CGIAR centers – on the subject of grants and contract concepts and compliance.
This position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya and will report to the Grants and Contracts Head.
- Manage the SSA regional portfolio of awards (donor, prime, sub recipient) as G&C contact point, acting as representative of the G&C HQ unit, in coordination with SSA Regional Director, Program Leaders, Principal Investigators (PI), and Regional Staff.
- Manage the Asia portfolio of awards (with main focus on projects based in India) as G&C contact point.
- Responsible for reviewing, negotiating and approval for signature (as defined in the Delegation of Authority – DoA) of donor/prime agreements.
- Responsible for drafting, negotiating and approval for signature (as defined in the DoA) of subrecipient agreements and project-related collaboration agreements or MoUs.
- Conduct change management of transactions that require a modification to donor or subrecipient awards.
- Support technical and financial reporting function ensuring timely follow up with SSA/Asia PIs and Finance staff on submission deadlines and response to donor queries.
- Participate in project life cycle reviews and meetings (Start up and Close-out Meetings).
- Support the Unit Head in the provision of contractual input at pre-award phase of project life cycle.
- Maintain up-to-date database and repository of SSA/Asia regional signed awards, project related MoUs and communications in OCS and/or Knowledge Management G&C public and internal sites and PMU Project sites in coordination with G&C System Officer in HQ.
G&C management responsibilities:
- Supervise the Regional G&C staff (e.g. Analyst) based in SSA by organizing and monitoring work and providing ongoing people management, development, recruitment and retention strategies.
- Participate and support in development of institutional policies, guidance documents and procedures.
- Participate and support global and regional initiatives to build capacities and train CIP regional and field staff (as well as subgrantees) on grants and contract compliance and donor’s requirements.
- Participate of One CGIAR Community of Practice and taskforces around G&C topics and procedures.
- Participate in organization wide activities and represent G&C at various meetings or events.
- Comply with applicable health and safety CIP policies and procedures.
What are we looking for?
- Master’s degree in international relations, Business Administration, Law, Operations or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 8 years of demonstrated experience in grants and contracts management, with at least 2 years working on multinational development organizations, at a global scale (USAID and/or GIZ experience preferred).
- In-depth knowledge of current best practices in grants and contracts management.
- Project Management for Development certification preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of USAID and other donors’ rules and regulations pertaining to grants and contracts management.
- Fluent in official language according to country location.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Knowledge of French language is desirable.
How to apply
Visit the following link: https://cipotato.org/open-vacancies/ and submit your cover letter and a full C.V. in English including your references, latest by May 20, 2023. All applications will be acknowledged; however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.