Reporting to the Deputy Regional Director, this role ( Regional Head, Membership Services ) leads strategic coordination with National Societies – both Host National Societies and Partner National Societies (Membership Coordination) – and ICRC (including Movement Coordination) in connection with NSD issues. The incumbent:
- Enable IFRC lead role with internal and external stakeholders in all aspects of governance and National Society development.
- Promote learning and National Society networks and peer-to-peer support to further development and leadership issues.
- Be the focal point for integrity issues, under the regional director’s supervision, in close collaboration with the IFRC task force on integrity chaired by the Governance Support Department, including ensure that CMC lead process receive the relevant support.
- Provide strategic oversight and support to National Society development, including Volunteer and Youth Development, with a focus on branch strengthening and localization championning.
- Provide regular strategic support to National Society leadership and governance development. This includes::
- supporting the processes of revision, amending or developing their legal base and/or their statutory base;
- ensuring that all new National Society senior leaders have undertaken Movement Induction Courses.coordinating the preparation, induction and participation in statutory meetings and Pan-African conference and maintain contact on the same issues with the file-holders from the Secretariat.
- Ensure the coherent management of evidence-based knowledge and its effective orientation and application.
- Lead the development, implementation and monitoring of Pan-African initiative on NSD through operational networks, peer-to-peer learning and support mechanisms for National Societies.
- Ensure than NSD components in included in operations and programmes, particularly for emergency response and through all Pan-African initiatives (Zero Hunger, Red Ready, Tree planting and Care).
- Facilitate NS compliance and accountability with a focus on enhancing capacity in fraud and corruption prevention, PSEA and reputational risk management..
- Promote and disseminate regional networks and reference centres to enable the effective implementation of knowledge dissemination systems as well as platforms for policy development, data gathering and statistical analysis.
- Lead on youth and volunteer engagement and development in support to IFRC delegations and African NS in line with regional and global strategies and priorities, including for the protection, management and promotion of volunteers.
- Establish support mechanisms for National Society sustainability, in close liaison with cluster delegations and other technical file holders, with a focus on domesticly-driven income generation and partnerships, management systems (finance, HR), digital transformation.
- Responsible for identifying risks within their work area, monitoring the development of the risks, and implementing risk responses or escalating to the Director when necessary.
- Foster a vibrant innovation and research culture that is strategic and centered around financial sustainability, linking to Movement networks and beyond.
- Ensure a well-managed team while promoting a culture of performance and continuous learning.
- Contribute to the effective coordination with technical units of the Regional Office.
- Ensure effective coordination with focal points from Country Delegations, Country Cluster Delegations and Geneva focal points.
- Job City Nairobi
- Project Officer – We are Able! (2 Positions) at ZOA
- Project Lead -EOF at Plan International
- ECHO Project Manager at Plan International
- Program Manager I – Nutrition at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
- Project Officer (Counter-Trafficking (CT) / Assistance to Vulnerable Migrants (AVM)) at International Organization for Migration