Title: Regional Human Resource Officer Duration: 1-year contract (extension based on performance) Reporting line: Regional Human Resource Manager (RHRM) Position level: Junior level
ABOUT SOLIDARIDAD EAST AND CENTRAL AFRICA
Solidaridad is an international solution-oriented civil society organization with over 50 years of experience in developing solutions to make communities more resilient and create more sustainable supply chains. We work throughout the entire value chain to make sustainability the norm. Our innovative solutions support the transition to an inclusive economy that provides sustainable livelihoods with fair and profitable business opportunities. This includes decent working conditions, a fair living wage, and production in balance with nature so that all people can thrive now and for generations to come. Headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya, Solidaridad East, and Central Africa has country offices and programmes in Ethiopia, Tanzania, and Uganda, and outreaches in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), Burundi, Rwanda, and Cameroon.
Objective The Regional HR Officer under the supervision of the Regional Human Resources Manager is responsible for providing human resources and compliance support to the Regional Expertise Centre; including training, ensuring legal compliance within countries of operation, records review and maintenance, and other oversight of local HR functions. Areas of focus include a review of hiring processes and personnel records for each local office within the region, ongoing data entry, coordinating and ensuring compliance with local legal requirements, and reporting to the Regional Human Resource Manager. In addition, this position may provide solicited and unsolicited advice and guidance to local HR representatives’ in-country offices and perform other HR generalist duties as required.
Position within the Organization The Regional HR Officer reports directly to the Regional HR Manager. The Regional HR Officer supports the Regional HR Manager in the provision of a high-quality and professional human resources service through the effective administration of the human resources systems, policies, and procedures including recruitment and selection, compensation and benefits, health and safety, training and development, performance reviews, etc
1. Assist in recruitment and selection and other related procedures for regional positions
2. Support effective succession planning and management through a timely and accurate projection of vacancies and staffing requirements for the country offices in the REC.
3. Review of HR template documents being used in the REC to ensure compliance and standardization, including contract agreements, and staff policies.
4. Maintain up-to-date records related to HRM including accurate HR database, personnel files, lists of functions and vacancies within the organization including a reference library of employment law information, etc.; in compliance with statutory regulations and for the effective management of human resources and ensure that the data is accurate and kept in private and confidential principles
5. Advice and counsel staff in respect of employee rights and responsibilities, including Code of Conduct, Whistleblower Procedures, and Integrity.
6. Support in the coordination and implementation of performance management process in compliance with REC Performance evaluation calendar.
7. Supports change management in the REC. Assess and support training and development needs; including identification, design, and coordination of training programmes for staff at all levels throughout the REC.
8. Provide support and monitoring of staff development and career support programmes.
9. Reviews local personnel files for every office within the portfolio for completeness and accuracy.
10. Support onboarding and training of new staff within the region.
11. Support coordination of Regional staff meetings
12. Provide administration services in HR aspects including compensations and benefits, health and safety, security, contract management, monitoring of staff leave plans, filing, correspondence, staff separation, etc to ensure effective implementation.
13. Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and experience
1. Relevant academic level education, Master’s or higher – in relevant fields e.g. HR Management, Project Management, Strategic Management, etc.
2. Professional Qualifications in HR Management – Member of a professional body with a valid practicing license.
3. At least three (3) years’ proven experience.
4. Regional experience preferable.
5. Proficiency in written and spoken English.
Specific job requirements
1. Professionalism: – Knowledge of human resource policies, practices, and procedures and the ability to apply them in an organizational setting.
2. Excellent communication skills:- Articulate thoughts and express ideas effectively
3. Team-work and collaboration: – Work collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals
4. Planning and Organizing: – Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies.
5. Accountability:– Takes responsibility for all work activities and personal action
6. Adaptability: – Response to changing circumstances by being innovative and altering behavior to better fit different situations.
7. Ability to work remotely in a multicultural setting.
8. Experience in HR information technology systems and tools
Interested candidates that meet the above qualifications should send their one-page cover letter (including salary expectations and availability) and CVs to:
Subject: “Regional Human Resource Officer”
- Job City Kenya
- Technical Specialist, Health Supply Chain at Chemonics International Inc
- Programme Advisor, Hygiene at WaterAid
- Request for proposals for the development of a Gender and Human Rights training in East and South Africa at Rainforest Alliance
- Media Relations Officer at ActionAid International
- Global Resilience Advisor at Danish Refugee Council