Are you passionate about Systems Development and are ready to dirty your hands in end user support. This position is for you! The Regional ICT Officer is mainly responsible for development and implementation of digital systems, being an integral part of the NRC Global digitization process and providing technical ICT support for the East Africa & Yemen Regional office.
These responsibilities shall be the same for all positions with the same title. The responsibilities shall be short and essential. Details belong in the Work and Development plan.
- Implement NRC’s ICT policies and guidelines at country and office level
- Schedule computer related services and maintenance
- Ensure information security for all NRC systems in line with GDPR regulations.
- Provide ICT support and trainings to staff within the Region
- Participate in the procurement processes of ICT equipment
These responsibilities shall be adapted to the particularities of the job location and context, phase of operation, strategic focus and type of intervention. This section shall be revised whenever a new employee is hired or the context changes significantly.
- Providing General ICT Support to the Regional Office and Kenya Country Office.
- Direct all support queries via the ticketing system and monitor the performance of the support provided
- Ensure network uptime through monitoring of the Cisco Meraki Dashboard for all offices on a daily basis.
- Lead in the development and implementation of in-house web based NRC digital systems
- Providing the region with relevant technological solutions that assists the office in working more efficiently at the same time saving on costs and time.
- Effectively maintain partnerships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Represent the technological agenda in meetings, networking events and conferences
- Carry out any other tasks as shall be assigned by the supervisor
These are personal qualities that influence how successful people are in their job. Of the 12 behavioral competencies, the following are essential for this position:
- Planning and delivering results
- Working with people
- Empowering and building trust
Generic professional competencies:
- Minimum of undergraduate degree from the ICT field.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own skills/profile
- Good working knowledge in Microsoft Power Platform especially in PowerApps, Power Automate, Sharepoint.
- Fluency in English
Context related skills, knowledge and experience
- Knowledge of the context in the East Africa & Yemen Region
- Minimum of 4 years of Experience in the ICT field
- Very Good working knowledge of PHP is a must.
- Knowledge on Laravel framework is desirable.
- Knowledge of other scripting languages such as GO will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge on Cisco Merak will be an added advantage
- Proven record on development of web based systems in PHP
- Competent in Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS)
- Experience in building and supporting mobile apps will be an added advantage
- Certification in ITIL V3 and above will be an added advantage
What we Offer
- One year full-time contract
- An opportunity to match your career to a compelling cause
- Position is open to Kenyan Nationals Only
- Duty Station: Nairobi, Kenya
Internal candidates are encouraged to apply but we are also open to external applicants who can show a commitment to NRC and being part of a challenging, but important mission to make a difference.
How to apply
Click here to apply the job via NRC website.