Position title: Regional Institutional Partnership Development Advisor
Working location: Addis Ababa /Nairobi
Direct Supervisor: Director of Fund Development
Region: Eastern and Southern Africa (ESAF)
Context of the position
Established in 1949, SOS Children’s Villages International (CVI) is a dynamic, international social development organization working globally to meet the needs and protect the interests and rights of children without parental care and those who are at the risk of losing it.
The Eastern and Southern Africa region of SOS CV International is headquartered in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia and has member associations (MA’s) in Nigeria, Ghana, Ethiopia, Sudan, South Sudan, Somalia/Somaliland, Djibouti, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, Zambia, Malawi, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, South Africa, Lesotho, Swaziland, Botswana, Namibia, Mauritius, Angola and Madagascar.
We are searching for a dynamic, innovative, resilient and experienced candidate to join our organization as a Regional Institutional Partnership Development Advisor. The successful candidate will support a cluster of 4-6 countries in the Eastern and Southern Africa (ESAF) region to scale our impact through increase funding from institutional donors. By joining us, you will enjoy a competitive remuneration, work with a diverse and motivated team and a conducive work environment
You will have extensive travel in the region and beyond as you work with a global team to drive growth of income and diversify public grant portfolio in the region through grant acquisition and management. You will play a critical role in building the capacity of the ESAF regional office and cluster countries in grant acquisition, effective grant management as well as strategic donor engagement, positioning and partnerships with key institutional actors.
Mission of the position:
The Institutional Partnership Advisor supports and advises the global IPD community (IPD network and MAs) in the development of partnerships with institutions, in order to significantly diversify and increase the financial resources available for national and international programmes.
Key performance areas and main responsibilities:
- Identify, organize and facilitate capacity building in proposal development, project design and management for MA’s through apprenticeship, webinars, trainings and knowledge transfer.
- Explore new opportunities for innovation mainly through research and close monitoring of cutting-edge approaches and dynamics in international development.
- Liaise closely with other internal functions and external stakeholders to guarantee adherence to organizational standards and to seek synergies wherever possible.
- Lead and/or participate in cross-functional processes to enable SOS Children’s Villages to maximize its long-term net income and number of institutional partnerships.
- Represent IPD Team in meetings/projects/workshops as appropriate
- Proactively identify and seek donor intelligence on new institutional funding opportunities that match beneficiary needs, organizational priorities and donor requirements.
- Support and coordinate the development of high quality concept notes and funding proposals for submission to institutional donors.
- Keep up-to-date with donor policy developments and trends, in the development and humanitarian sectors.
- Proactively engage donor agencies, regional networks and other stakeholders in fostering relations for collaborations and funding.
- Provide grant management and administration support for effective and efficient implementation of institutionally funded programs with a diverse group of donors, partners and staff.
- Facilitate and coordinate institutional funding activities such as cross regional Capacity building, Knowledge sharing and partnerships between General Secretariat (GSC), Promoting and Supporting Associations (PSA) and National Associations (NAs) and external stakeholders.
Educational background and key competencies:
- We are looking for a seasoned professional with minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in grant writing and acquisition, donor contract management and partnership and network building.
- Master Degree in International Development or other relevant studies OR 8 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Proven results in institutional partnership development in Africa, preferably within an international NGO/donor organization. Make sure your letter of motivation mention some of the successful proposals you have developed.
- Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision to meet tight deadlines.
- A good team builder, innovative and creative, demonstrating high professional standards.
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment.
- Experience in partnership/Consortium development and management.
- Proven track record of successfully training, developing/mentoring support staff in a decentralized environment.
- Ability to represent the organization at high level forums.
- The opportunity to work in one of the largest International Non-Profit Organisations in Social development, Humanitarian action Child and Youth Care, in a position with a varied scope of tasks and responsibilities directly impacting on the development of the organisation in achieving its strategic goals.
- To contribute to our meaningful mission: “*We build families for children in need, we help them shape their own futures and we share in the development of their communities.”*
“SOS Children’s Villages International holds strict child safeguarding principles and a zero-tolerance policy for conducts of sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse in the workplace and other places where the organization’s activities are rendered. Parallel to technical competence, recruitment, selection and hiring decisions will give due emphasis to assessing candidates value congruence and thorough background checks, police clearance reference check processes”.
How to apply
NB: Previous candidates who applied are not required to respond to this advert.
If you believe you are the right candidate for the above position, please send us a cover letter, your detailed curriculum vitae (CV) -including at least three traceable referees- and photocopies of academic certificates as ONE document.
Applications should be submitted electronically indicating the position you are applying for in the subject line and send to the provided ICIIMS link or by email to: ESAF.HROD@sos-kd.org with a copy to IPD.ESAF@sos-kd.org
ICIIMS link: REGIONAL INSTITUTIONAL PARTNERSHIP DEVELOPMENT ADVISOR (Job Ref: IPD SOS/22/04) in Addis Ababa | Careers at IOR ESAF – Addis Ababa (icims.com)
Applications open on 22nd April 2022 and will close on 6th May 2022.
Applications that do not have a cover letter, CV or certificates attached will be disqualified. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply