Main purpose of the role
The regional lead, as a member of the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) and wider secretariat team is responsible for all activities in the designated region, including: oversight of membership support; supporting the election and strengthening of the Board and Regional Advisory Groups; design of donor proposals; implementation and monitoring of projects and activities with members and project; advocacy and influencing initiatives; and ensuring operational capacity of GNDR in the region and compliance to GNDRs policies and procedures.
The main responsibilities are:
- Membership mobilisation and engagement
- Project management
- Advocacy and influencing
- Finance/compliance (systems, policy, audit, statutory)
- Global lead for a “risk driver”
- Line management
We are ideally looking for candidates that have the following attributes and skills:
- Substantial experience of working internationally in development or humanitarian response
- Experience in disaster risk management activities
- Experience of working in civil society organisations
- Proficiency, written and spoken, in English
- Networking and influencing skills
- Strong project cycle management knowledge and skills
- Good people management skills
- Strong financial management skills
- Appreciation of individual and organisational learning and development tools
- Strong team player with good people management skills
How to apply
To apply for this position all applicants should send a brief cover letter and CV to email@example.com with the subject line referencing the role title.
As an international charity, GNDR strives to be inclusive in all its activities, and encourages applicants of Black, Asian and ethnic minority backgrounds for all roles.
Candidates must have the legal right to live and work in Africa. Currently the role is working from home with regular times in the office, as government guidance allows.