Regional Learning & Development Adviser
The Regional HR Unit provides a range of strategic HR analysis, direction and support to Country Offices in their implementation of NRC policies and practice. The position of Regional Learning and Development Adviser will support the regional work on Learning and Development, working both with leaders at Regional and Country Level, and ensuring that regional approaches are aligned with the Global Learning & Development strategies and activities being developed by the Global Talent Management Team in Head Office.
Role and responsibilities
The Regional Learning and Development Adviser works in collaboration with the Regional HR team and the countries under the regional office to support and implement strategy and activities on talent management and staff learning and development.
- Implement NRC’s systems and procedures at regional level
- Ensure adherence to NRC policies, handbooks, guidelines, donor requirements, national labour laws and procedures
- Support the development of learning strategies and programs for the region that reflect regional priorities and are aligned to global L&D strategies and initiatives
- Implement various learning methods region-wide (e.g. coaching, job-shadowing, online training, TOTs for capacity building, and managing external providers)
- Support the assessment of systems for learning and development initiatives in the region
- Step up and strengthen the Learning and Development function in the region with the focus to shape and influence NRC Global HR Learning and development strategy.
- Lead the implementation of the NRC learning and development strategy.
- Establish and maintain a culture of learning in the RO and COs and implement plan to extract learning and development needs from WDPs, consult with team leaders/head of units/departments and advise management on individual, group and collective all staff targets. Help management on where to invest the money the most.
- Co-create/collaborate with other regions and Global HR on digital courses that will replace the traditional face to face courses whenever possible.
- Co-create/collaborate with other regions and Global HR on leadership, coaching and mentoring courses that are available to various levels of NRC staff.
- Development of learning calendar for the region and maintaining a learning catalogue, managing relationships with approved service providers and coordination of Learning and Development services throughout the region.
- Ensure regional synergies in the development and implementation of Learning and Development and leadership initiatives, which align to Global HR strategies.
- Professional background in a relevant field (e.g. learning and development, organisational development)
- Experience of successful training design, delivery, and evaluation to meet organisational requirements
- Knowledge of learning management software
- Familiarity with traditional and modern training methods, tools and techniques
- Familiarity with online training methods, tools, and techniques
- Ability to conduct cost-benefit analysis and calculate training ROI
- Ability to engage internal stakeholders at various organizational levels and balance their priorities; ability to engage with and enrol external stakeholders
- Experience with tendering and contracting processes will be helpful
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
- Ideally experience from humanitarian sector
For more information, here is the Detailed Job Description
Duty Station: Regional Office, Nairobi, Kenya
Type of Contract: 12 Months renewable based on funding, performance, and the need for position
Salary: Based upon the NRC grading Scale
Experience in Learning and Development within multi – national organizations is highly desired!
How to apply
Please Click Here to Apply!
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Finance Manager Ethiopia at Norwegian Refugee Council
- Principal Consultant, Health Systems Strengthening and Resilience at Options Consultancy Services
- Project Assistant -Food Security and Livelihoods at DanChurchAid
- Private Sector Engagement (PSE) Specialists (Ethiopia Climate Resilient WASH Project) at Global Communities
- Call for Specialists in Market Systems Development (Ethiopia Climate Resilient WASH Project) at Global Communities