World Vision is an international Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation working in almost 100 countries world-wide to create lasting change in the lives of children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice.
Title: Regional Liaison Officer
PURPOSE OF POSITION
To ensure smooth facilitation of staff and partner and carry out administrative tasks and ensure World Vision Kenya fleet is safe, healthy and economical to guarantee staff facilitation.
List statements describing the final results of this position and method of accomplishments, and how results/performance are reviewed and measured. Begin with the most important accountabilities.
End Results Expected
- Timely facilitation of regional staff to and from work and to other official duties.
- Ensure courteous facilitation of visitors, partners and donors to the field and other official engagements.
- Ensure safety of regional staff, vehicle and other road users while on a trip.
- Ensure mobilization of all resources necessary for safe and effective staff facilitation.
- Work with regional staff to plan and coordinate field facilitation services.
- Track all the regional vehicles movement to curb late travels.
- Coordinate the leave schedules for all the drivers within the region.
- Coordinate the roving drivers and the roving function across the region.
- Timely, efficient and safe field facilitation
- Satisfied clientele
- Well-coordinated leave schedule
- Effective & Efficient fleet management &services
- Facilitate delivery of parcels/ mails/ deliveries
- Facilitate delivery of goods from suppliers/ stores to the field offices
- Carry out office errands as directed by the supervisor
- In collaboration with Administration department liaise with service providers to ensure quality services
- Effective and efficient deliveries of administrative function
- Quality services rendered by service providers
Vehicle Maintenance and Management:
- Ensure vehicle cleanliness all the time.
- Keep vehicle movement log book up to date.
- Check mechanical and operational soundness of the vehicle.
- Ensure that the vehicle allocated to you has all the necessary safety and security equipment.
- Ensure that the vehicle is serviced and maintained as recommended by the manufacturer.
- Check and ensure that all vehicle tools and accessories are in place and in good working condition.
- Undertake minor repairs and recommend for major vehicle repairs.
- Ensure that vehicles are parked in secure areas when travelling
- Keep abreast of traffic laws and ensure adherence.
- Surrender vehicle keys and fuel card to the fleet office at the end of every trip
- Report all vehicle malfunctions to the fleet office.
- Initiate procurement process for all motor vehicle repairs and maintenance.
- Ensure display of insurance certificate sticker in the vehicles allocated to them.
- Facilitate annual government inspection of vehicles allocated to you as may be necessary.
- Vehicles that are safe and in good working condition
- Adherence to all NTSA rules and regulations
- Adherence to WVK Fleet policy
- Prepare monthly and other vehicle reports and file copies of the same after approval.
- Consolidate the regional motor vehicle reports for all regional vehicle and submit to NO by 5th of every month.
- Forward all invoices, receipts and fuel returns to fleet management for payment process.
- In case of accident/ incident, notify the fleet office and forward detailed reports and necessary documents for claim processing.
- Timely and concise fleet reports
- Support field or office activities as may be necessary whenever facilitating staff to the field
- Any other duties as assigned by the Supervisor
- Accomplished field activities
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Minimum education, training and experience requirements to qualify for the position:
- Diploma in business courses or related field
- Three years’ experience in driving class A (Motor omni bus), B, C and E vehicles.
- Basic knowledge of first Aid and other safety and security measure.
- Basic Security training
Method of Application
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Finance Advisor (Global Fund) at Chemonics International
- Programme Delivery Officer at Options Consultancy Services Limited
- Consultancy: Impact Evaluation, Ethiopia at Donkey Sanctuary
- Private Sector Engagement Team Lead at Heifer International
- School Accelerator program Assistant at Silverleaf Academy