The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with – changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust.
We work with over 100 countries across the world in the fields of arts and culture, English language, education and civil society. Each year we reach over 20 million people face-to-face and more than 500 million people online, via broadcasts and publications. Founded in 1934, we are a UK charity governed by Royal Charter and a UK public body.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Locations: Abuja and Damataru, Borno
Pay band: 4
Contract type: Indefinite
Department: English and Exams or CE
- To support marketing activities in the region by implementing our marketing strategy and providing exceptional support to events, programmes and activities contributing to the overall impact we make in these markets.
- Work with our wider marketing community and local teams in understanding and expanding audiences, markets, and channels of communication, especially digital, by actively managing our meaningful engagement with target audiences and customers.
Main Accountabilities but not limited to the following:
- The role holder will support the execution of the marketing and communications strategy and plans for the region.
- Supports the development and execution of campaign strategies, both traditional and online, to support a variety of routes to market and maximise impact and share of voice.
- Supports events following the online registrations process and back-office tasks
- Follows agreed marketing processes in a consistent manner.
- Monitors and reports on agreed marketing KPIs
- Proactively shares results and best practices with country/regional and SBU leaders and the Marketing Community of Practice.
- Provides proactive professional advice and support to colleagues to ensure local, regional, and SBU specific requirements are compliant with marketing policy, process, and governance.
- Briefs and works with designers and creative agencies to produce campaign / product collateral following the regional and the global brand guidelines and toolkits.
- Supports the implementation of new marketing approaches and/or techniques which enhance efficiency and wider business impact, ensuring alignment to marketing strategy.
- Supports our work on audiences and market segmentation working closely with the Marketing Manager.
- Communicates to customers and colleagues the need for compliance with agreed marketing policies and processes, assisting the cluster Marketing Manager in the production of reports at country level to demonstrate compliance as needed.
- Proactively participates in the Marketing Community of Practice and network of marketing professionals developing good working relationships with marketing colleagues across the organisation and the business and operational teams.
- Develops peer/personal networks within and outside Marketing to enhance own knowledge and expertise.
Role Specific Knowledge and Experience
The successful candidate will need to possess the following requirements:
- Degree or professional qualification in Marketing or Business
- Experience in a marketing assistant position at a national level within a medium or large organisation.
- Demonstrable experience of implementing marketing plans.
- Demonstrable experience in managing supplier relationships.
- Relevant external professional accreditation e.g. CIM, Melcrum, GCN, CIPR, WOMMA etc. (or equivalent experience in relevant discipline)
- Experience in a global organisation
- Role holder must have existing rights to live and work in the country the role is based.
Application Closing Date
15th May, 2022. at 23:59 Nigeria Time.
Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) Statement
- The British Council is committed to policies and practices of equality, diversity and inclusion across everything we do. We support all staff to make sure their behaviour is consistent with this commitment.
- We want to address under representation and encourage applicants from under-represented groups, in particular, but not exclusively, on grounds of ethnicity and disability.
- All disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria are guaranteed an interview and we have Disability Confident Employer Status.
- We welcome discussions about specific requirements or adjustments to enable participation and engagement in our work and activities.
- The British Council is committed to safeguarding children, young people and adults who we work with.
- We believe that all children and adults everywhere in the world deserve to live in safe environments and have the right to be protected from all forms of abuse, maltreatment and exploitation as set out in article 19, UNCRC (United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child) 1989.
- Appointment to positions where there is direct involvement with vulnerable groups will be dependent on thorough checks being completed; these will include qualification checks, reference checks, identity & criminal record checks in line with legal requirements and with the British Council’s Safeguarding policies for Adults and Children.
- Applications to this role can only be considered when made through the Apply section of our careers website.
- Our ‘ASK HR’ email is only to be used in case of a technical issue encountered when applying through the careers website.
- Emails with supporting statements and CV/Resumes sent to this email address will not be reviewed and will be deleted.
- If you have any problems with your application please email email@example.com.
- Job City Abuja, Damataru, Borno