Solidarites International is a French humanitarian organization which provides aid and assistance to victims of war or natural disaster. For over 40 years the association has focused on meeting three vital needs – water, food and shelter. SI is present in North-East Nigeria since 2016 and is currently operating in 4 bases across Borno State (Maiduguri, Monguno, Ngala, and Dikwa) with outreach capacities across all BAY States through its emergency component. Currently, SI carries out emergency/post – emergency programs in WASH/FSL sector in North-West Nigeria where limited actors are currently present.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Regional MEAL Manager
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Contract Start Date: Projected contract duration is 3 Months – with possible extension.
Goal / Purpose
Within the Nigeria mission and under the supervision of the Deputy Field Coordinator – Program, the MEAL Manager ensures that the MEAL strategy of the mission is implemented at base level by the department’s team. S/he:
- Supervises the department’s team.
- Implements and pursues the objectives of the department.
- Provides a methodological support to all program teams on technical questions linked to MEAL and cross-cutting issues such as: design of M&E plan, quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis, measure of indicators, complaint response mechanism, do no harm analysis etc.
- In collaboration with the MEAL Coordinator, looks over the quality and relevance of internal monitoring and evaluation activities, recommendations and analysis produced by his/her department (studies, maps…).
- Makes sure his/her department is cross-cutting and well integrated with all departments (functional links) as well as coherent with all coordinators and managers;
- Contributes to institutional knowledge building and improvement of MEAL methods and techniques.
- Participate in developing a sector-based strategy (M&E, accountability, gender, do no harm) in accordance with SI’s policies and priorities for the intervention country
- Participate in programming work.
Training and technical support:
- Develop program teams’ capacities in the department’s field of expertise: data collection and analysis (method, format, software etc.), measure of indicators, complaint response mechanism, do no harm analysis etc. Develop training modules along with MEAL Coordinator.
- Provide program teams with a technical and methodological support for M&E activities, data management (questionnaire design, sampling, data entry, extraction of useful data and interpretation) and integration of cross-cutting issues.
- Support program teams in creating or adapting tools for: indicators monitoring, impact monitoring (M&E plan and survey tools) or risk analysis.
Monitoring and Evaluation of SI programs:
- Propose and organize M&E missions in collaboration with technical coordinators, field coordinator and program managers, with the support departments (administrative, logistic);
- Post-intervention Monitoring;
- Follow up mission with program teams to integrate cross-cutting issues;
- Do-no-harm analysis;
- Thematic studies;
- Follow up of accountability monitoring frameworks.
- Elaborate or contribute to the elaboration, review and harmonization of M&E tools, data management, especially in M&E Plans.
- Validate relevance of reports, analysis, maps and recommendations produced by the MEAL department. Propose adjustments, new activities to improve the quality of the operations or approaches, in consultation with PMs and MEAL Coordinator.
- Participate in the implementation of the accountability strategy such as defined and led by the Field Coordinator/ Head of Mission.
- Contribute to the CRM standard operating procedures design
- Ensure that complaint response mechanisms are established and are accessible to all stakeholders.
- Ensure that complaints are registered and logged complaints into a formal database.
- Ensure that complaints are addressed and that an appropriate and timely response is given to the complainant.
- Train field teams on CRM information plan
Institutional Knowledge Building (IKB):
- Build on institutional knowledge on M&E activities and missions’ results (lessons learnt and recommendations) and make sure these are known by PMs.
- Support recommendation tracking process and work together with MEAL Coordinator and Field Coordinator on action plans.
- Use SI’s IKB tools to document MEAL tools and methodologies/ approaches.
- Produce a detailed handover report in the approved SI format at the end of the employment.
Coordination and operational monitoring:
- Ensure consolidation and validation of the department’s activity work plan.
- Ensure achievement of the department’s objectives.
- Actively participate in base meetings
- Take part of the monthly review of programs (budget, operational, logistics…) and of budget follow up for his/her department.
HR management/Capacity Development:
- Together with the MEAL Coordinator and Field Coordinator, define the MEAL set up and HR needs on the base
- Take part in the department’s staff recruitment with the administrative department
- Welcome and brief new employees or volunteers working under his/her responsibility
- Make sure that all new staffs are briefed on MEAL’s roles and responsibilities.
- Evaluate and assess the performance of collaborators under his/her direct supervision.
- Supervise adherence to security regulations by personnel under his/her supervision.
- Supervise and support MEAL teams in implementing their action plan and achievement of their objectives.
- Identify training needs.
- Makes sure that handover reports are produced by all staffs and are shared with coordination.
- Conduct workshops and regular or ad hoc meetings
Reporting/ communication/ representation:
- Share with the appropriate authority any information on the security context and any event which may have consequences on SI activities and team safety
- Validate and disseminate final versions of M&E reports, studies and analysis produced by the department.
- Participate in writing project proposals and reports’ paragraphs on crosscutting issues and MEAL.
- Make sure the right formats and delays are respected.
- Represent SI when asked and/or delegated to do so.
- Maintain a local operational communication network and positive relations with the local/governmental authorities, donor representatives, UN and other international agencies in cooperation with the Program Managers and field coordinator
- Education: B.Sc. Degree in Statistics, Computer Science / Information Management or any other related field. Master’s Degree will be an added advantage.
- Professional experience: 3 – 5 years of relevant experience (NGO/Private or Public sector) and 2 years of progressive experience in an INGO preferably in MEAL
- Languages: English compulsory (Hausa – Added Advantage).
- Good knowledge of MEAL tool development, data analysis and experience of team management.
- IT skills: good knowledge in Kobo Collect or similar applications, Excellent knowledge of MS Office software: Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point.
- Personal qualities: Rigorous, organized, able to manage important workload, good learning capacity, good communication, reactive, team spirit, assertive, attentive to details, resistance to stress.
What We Offer
- Salary + Transport, Leave & housing allowance + social benefits (medical coverage, 24 days of Annual leaves per year, compassionate leaves, public holidays as announced by government, festive bonus, Life insurance – covering death and permanent disability) etc.
Application Closing Date
18th May, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Please submit your Application by clicking on the link above, select MEAL Manager, fill the form and attach your CV and Motivation Letter.
- The CV attached must be named with your first name and surname.
- Solidarités International reserves the right to select a candidate and finalize the recruitment before the application closing date.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- State Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning Coordinator at Palladium Group
- Regional Administrative Manager at Solidarites International
- Strategic Information Manager at Association for Reproductive and Family Health
- Child Protection Officer – PLANE at Save the Children Nigeria
- G-ANC Manual Development Consultant at TAConnect LTD/GTE