This scope of work (SOW) sets forth the services of the Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor to SAII Associates Ltd/Gte, an associate company of Chemonics International Inc. in implementing the USAID Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project in Nigeria.
Job Title: Regional Monitoring & Evaluation Advisor
Background: The purpose of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program–Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) Single Award IDIQ Contract is to ensure an uninterrupted supply of health commodities to prevent suffering, save lives, and create a brighter future for families around the world. The IDIQ has four task orders (HIV/AIDS, Malaria, PRH, & MNCH) that directly support the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and USAID’s Family Planning & Reproductive Health Programs implemented in Nigeria.
The GHSC-PSM Project also provides health commodity procurement services and systems strengthening technical assistance that addresses all elements of a comprehensive supply chain.
The Regional Monitoring & Evaluation Advisor will support all M&E-related activities in the states of the region, in accordance with existing protocols and guidance of supervisors.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Support data management processes at the state level and ensure that standard processes are followed; identify gaps and implement corrective actions in coordination with stakeholders
- Support and build the capacity at the state level on monitoring and evaluation, supportive visits, data analysis, and presentation
- Participate in the review of Nigeria Health LMIS data and outputs to assess the quality of data entry processes
- Provide trend and root cause analysis in state performance review meetings, to facilitate performance improvement initiatives
- Participate in state-level and partner-initiated assessments and ensure all preparatory activities and means of verification are available
- Coordinate and support update of state health facility report tracker
- Participate in internal data quality checks and analysis to support any corrective action for program reporting and conduct periodic health facility data quality assessment
- Support state-specific Last Mile Distribution Monitoring with the deployment of Survey-CTO data capture tool and analysis
- Keep track of KPIs for states in the region and advise Regional Director, M&E, and state teams on a bi-monthly / quarterly basis
- Analyze periodic program KPIs at the national level and other data requested by stakeholders.
- Perform other tasks as directed by supervisors (Regional Director & M&E Manager)
- Bachelor’s degree in health sciences, public health, computer science, statistics, or related field
- Minimum of six years of experience in international public health and/or donor-funded programs, five of which must be in Monitoring and Evaluation related roles
- Experience in the design and implementation of systems to collect, maintain, and analyze program data. Good knowledge of data interpretation, manipulation, quality assurance, database management, and retrieval methods/skills are required
- Experience conducting program monitoring visits, utilizing checklists and other national M&E tools. The ability to develop M&E tools is required
- Experience in the use of word processing, database, and presentation tools (MS-Word, MS-Excel, Google sheet, Google doc, PowerPoint, and Power BI) is required
- The ability to synthesize program data into an effective presentation of results to help guide recommendations on performance improvement is desired
- Experience in using innovative, electronic, and real-time monitoring methods/applications such as Magpi, Survey-CTO, Online forms (MS & Google Forms), Kobo, or similar, is desired
- Experience in using database development and management tools such as MS-Access, SQL, and/or Python/R is desired
- The ability to use mapping tools (e.g., Arc-GIS, Health Mapper, etc.), and statistical analysis software (SPSS, STATA, SAS, or similar) is a plus
- Knowledge of evaluation methodologies (e.g., qualitative/quantitative), design data collection tools, and analysis methodologies
- Familiarity with the principles and current approaches of M&E in public health programs
- Ability to contribute to capacity-building efforts and work with colleagues in diverse cultures
- Ability to work independently and manage activities daily with minimal supervision
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with internal and external stakeholders; – colleagues, USAID, consultants, Ministry of Health (MOH), and other partners
- Organized, timely, and strong diligence
- Strong oral and written communication skills are required
- Fluency in English is required
The Regional Monitoring & Evaluation Advisor will report to the Regional Director (Program Administration) and M&E Manager (Technical).
Working Conditions/Duration of Assignment
This is a long-term position for the life of the contract, based in Abuja, Nigeria, but will be responsible for the M&E reporting performance of the states in the region; FCT, Benue, Nasarawa, Niger, Kogi, and Kaduna states. There will be travels to these states for support and supervisory visits.
How to apply
To Apply: Qualified Applicants should submit their application here.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices.