VisionFund International is financial empowerment from World Vision, a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organization devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Working together as part of World Vision – VisionFund enables impoverished households to increase their incomes and then impact communities to increase economic activity, access clean water, education and healthcare, benefit from improvements to nutrition, and provide the foundations for local economies to flourish.
For over 17 years, VisionFund has been committed to brighter futures for children where they can experience the love of Christ, building lives free of need and full of promise.
Through our work, every 60 seconds a family receives the tools to overcome poverty.
Here’s where you come in:
As the Regional People & Culture (P&C) Manager, VisionFund, you will:
- Provide project management and data management support to the Regional P&C Business Partner, across the whole Africa region and support to French speaking countries.
- Be a trusted P&C Regional manager in Africa region supporting Regional P&C Business Partners to ensure that there is high quality leadership guidance and technical support to the CEOs and the P&C Managers in VisionFund’s Microfinance Institutions (MFIs). This helps the MFIs to achieve their double bottom line of social impact and financial sustainability. You will be responsible for driving quality improvement and efficiency in MFIs’ people processes, data collection & analysis of Regional reports and ensuring MFI adherence to standardized people related processes across the MFI network within the assigned MFIs. You will work closely to partner with and be a trusted advisor and capacity-builder, for the MFI P&C Teams and the MFI Senior Management teams.
- Provide support to the Regional P&C Business Partner in assigned specialisms in different MFIs. Assigned specialisms could be developing, rolling out and reviewing region-wide people related initiatives relating to both P&C and Operations strategic directives (e.g. talent management, job evaluation, salary benchmarking, employee relations, performance management, succession planning, recruitment etc.). You will be responsible for implementing and ensuring MFI adherence to standardized people related processes across their MFIs with focus to French speaking MFIs.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in HR or equivalent.
- Professional membership of relevant HR body.
- Effective written and verbal communication in English & French (Please note French will be preferred).
- Substantial experience in a HR Management/ Advisory role.
- Experience in and understanding of a financial institution.
- Relevant experience working in an regional role.
- Experienced in project management.
- Experience managing teams.
- MFI or bank experience.
- Travel up to 20% of the time (mainly in Africa Region).
How to apply
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 17 DEC 2021. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
*Preferred position location: Nairobi, Kenya. Other locations to be determined by home country of successful candidate within East Africa or West Africa Region, where VisionFund is registered to operate.
VisionFund is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
For more information on World Vision International and VisionFund International, please visit our website: www.visionfund.org.
Our vision for every child, life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every heart, the will to make it so.